|Global Operations Specialist|
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Location: Itasca, IL
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 03/27/2023
Expire Date: 05/27/2023
Job Categories: Administrative and Support Services, Healthcare, Other, Other / General, Nonprofit and Volunteer Services
Global Operations Specialist|
Would you like to work at one of the nation’s most respected, mission-driven organizations? If so, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is seeking a Global Operations Specialist to provide project support to Global Operations and Program Development team in the development, implementation, and dissemination of AAP global programs and membership engagement, including meeting planning, tracking work deliverables, providing technical assistance, and serving as a liaison with external partners.
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm, with a 1-hour lunch.
• Bachelor’s degree in public health, health administration, health policy, health education, or related discipline or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience required.
• At least two years’ related project coordination and implementation experience required, including coordinating/preparing meeting logistics and agenda materials; editing/drafting communications; updating websites; drafting reports and presentations; and collaborating with external partners.
• Excellent organizational, time management, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and diplomacy skills required.
• Fluency in a foreign language preferred.
• Some travel and evening/weekend work may be required.
Some tasks include:
• Develop and manage a tracking system for new business/program development activities. Support the Global Operations and Program Development team in responding to new requests. Provide technical support in developing landscape analysis and briefing documents related to new program development.
• Coordinate international attendees and global operations efforts at the AAP National Conference & Exhibition, in collaboration with relevant AAP staff.
• Manage internal processes related to working with other pediatric societies and support of the AAP Executive Committee in their global outreach, including, developing preparation materials for Executive Committee members traveling to international conferences.
• Coordinate and support the regular internal AAP global business/program development meetings, including drafting agendas, coordinating speakers, managing the virtual platform, and proactively addressing follow-up action items.
• Track and update internal documents, presentations, and communications materials.
Why work for the AAP?
• Flexible hours and a focus on work/life balance.
• State-of-the-art building equipped with standing desks, treadmill desks, cycle desks, on-site fitness center, and on-site exercise classes.
• An on-site cafeteria with food costs that are subsidized by AAP.
• Strong focus on mental health and wellness.
• Tuition reimbursement.
• Competitive PTO and sick leave.
• Annual year-end company-wide week off the last week of December.
• Excellent parental benefits, including adoption assistance.
• A full list of benefits can be found here (https://downloads.aap.org/DOHRAS/BenefitsAtAAP.pdf).
Hybrid work environment of 40% of work time in the office per month.
All AAP employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Requests for a medical or religious accommodation in regard to this vaccination can be submitted for consideration upon an offer of employment.
To learn more about the organization, see a full job description, and/or apply for the position, please visit https://www.aap.org/employment.
The AAP offers an excellent work environment, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package. As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Individuals with a disability in need of a reasonable accommodation regarding the job application process may call 630-626-6297. Please note, only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Company Name: American Academy of Pediatrics
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is a membership organization of 67,000 pediatricians and approximately 500 staff committed to the optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. The AAP promotes pediatrics and advances child health priorities by developing policy, conducting research, building coalitions, raising public awareness, funding community-based projects, and supporting training and professional education for our membership.