|Applications Development I Internship|
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Location: Itasca, IL
Employment Type: Internship
Date Posted: 03/31/2023
Expire Date: 05/31/2023
Job Categories: Other / General
Applications Development I Internship|
The American Academy of Pediatrics is the nation’s leading advocacy organization for children’s healthcare, headquartered in Itasca, IL,
What the intern expects to learn from this assignment:
• Working with a team and in an agile scrum environment.
• Building applications to help with testing integrations with major applications for the AAP.
• Learning how something goes through all the stages of dev, test, stage, and prod environments.
What major projects or activities the intern will be involved with:
• Building postman scripts for improving testing integrations.
• Fixing bugs in integration applications.
• Implementing updates to console jobs and rest services that integrate with them.
• problem solver
Flexible on start and end date, 5 days a week, 20-25 hours per week
To be considered for this opportunity:
• You must apply at https://www.aap.org/employment
• Included in the submission should be a resume, a cover letter explaining how this opportunity will benefit you, and if needing course credit for school the information/documentation from college/university on requirements for obtaining an internship
• Internships are paid $20/hr * unless requirements from school or grant of project prohibits pay
• The work environment is hybrid. Preference would be for interns to be on site in our Itasca office 40% of their internship time. Fully remote internships will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
• Interns must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to be onsite. Requests for a medical or religious accommodation regarding this vaccination can be submitted for consideration upon an offer of internship
• You may apply to more than one internship opportunity if there are more than one of interest
As a reaffirmation to our employee-focused culture, since 2005 the AAP has been named one of the 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Chicagoland area. Additionally, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans that values the strength diversity brings to our workplace.
Reasonable Accommodation: Individuals with a disability in need of a reasonable accommodation regarding the job application process may call 630-626-6297. Please note, only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Company Name: American Academy of Pediatrics
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) is a membership organization of 67,000 pediatricians and approximately 500 staff committed to the optimal physical, mental, and social health and well-being for all infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. The AAP promotes pediatrics and advances child health priorities by developing policy, conducting research, building coalitions, raising public awareness, funding community-based projects, and supporting training and professional education for our membership.