|Job Seeker Tools
|Your Saved Jobs
|Build Your Professional Profile
|OR Service Technician - Per Diem - Overnight
Company: Hackensack Meridian Health
Location: Brick, NJ
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 02/18/2024
Job Categories: Healthcare, Other, Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician, Medical
OR Service Technician - Per Diem - Overnight
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at -home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier health-care system.
Promotes and assures the smooth functioning of the Operating Room by performing assigned tasks under the direct supervision of OR Service Coordinator, Assistant Nurse Manager, and nurse manager. Responsible for patient transport to the OR. Assists OR Staff with specialized OR equipment, operating sterilizers, transporting instruments to SPD, obtaining needed X-rays, Blood, Medications, Unit Beds, and specimens when needed. Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work under stressful situations. Maintains patient privacy and acts as a patient advocate at all times.
1. Assures certification in Basic Life Support is current. Assures Annual Basic Training is completed. Attends CPR certification course /maintains renewal. Completes ABT annually.
2. Maintains open communication with OR Service Coordinator, Assistant Nurse Manager, OR Staff, Surgeons, Anesthesia staff, SPD Dept and Nursing Units Demonstrates knowledge of radio operation Responds to calls in a timely fashion. Calls the OR to communicate delays, issues. Uses proper etiquette when speaking on the radio.
3. Completes assignments in a timely manner. Sub Sterile Rooms are maintained and stocked. Specimens are sent according to OR Policy times. Stocks surgical supplies when needed. 4. Demonstrates knowledge of specialized equipment in the OR and assists staff with set up in OR Rooms. Handles equipment with care. Attends In-Services for new equipment. Reports problems to Supervisor/Charge Nurse/Coordinators or Manager Returns all equipment to proper place. Keeps equipment clean after use.
5. Demonstrates initiative and ability to function independently. Seeks direction when indicated. Independently offers solutions to potential/real problems. Demonstrates ability to be 'On Call' on weekends and holidays.
6. Monitors Biological Testing for Autoclave units. Demonstrates knowledge of Autoclave function and policies. Maintains proper documentation of B/I tests.
7. Completes assigned task of specimen delivery to Lab. Assures delivery to lab at set times when assigned.
8. Demonstrates the ability to care for patients by providing safe Transportation to the OR. Identifies self and department when approaching patient. Speaks in a polite and professional manner. Assures Patient Identification policy is followed. Follows HMH HIPAA Policy in assuring patient confidentiality. Demonstrates knowledge of function of unit beds, Stretchers, and is sensitive to patients comfort and safety needs at all times. Communicates problems or concerns to the nurse receiving patient.
9. Assists in maintaining a clean and safe OR environment. Demonstrates knowledge of universal precautions in the OR setting. Demonstrates proficiency at cleaning rooms between cases. Wears gloves appropriately and washes hands when gloves are removed. Efficiently terminally cleans rooms when assigned and operates the ultraviolet light equipment effectively. Documents Turn Over Room Sheet when completed. Cleans room according to AORN guidelines. Returns basic OR equipment to correct location. Knowledge of Biohazard waste handling. Washes hands appropriately. Assists nursing staff whenever necessary. Reports equipment that is out of order. Sub Sterile Rooms are maintained and stocked.
10. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
11. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Experience in a health care setting.
2. Knowledge of aseptic techniques and hospital supplies.