Company: Overton Brooks VA Medical Center
Location: Shreveport, LA
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 08/25/2023
Expire Date: 02/15/2025
Job Categories: Medical
Overton Brooks VA Medical Center is recruiting for a part-time permanent board certified/board eligible in Nephrologist. The Staff Physician (Nephrologist) will work under the general supervision of the Nephrology Program Director at the Overton Brooks VA Medical Center. The physician should demonstrate the ability to work well with a large, diverse and dedicated patient care staff. The position may includes a faculty appointment at the affiliated Louisiana State University Health and Science Center commensurate with qualifications. Duties will include clinical practice, and teaching Nephrology fellows, residents and medical students. This position supports the VA mission through administrative leadership, direct patient care, and oversight of their Section's educational and research activities.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Provide on-phone coverage on an as-needed basis during times when the provider is not present on campus to include holidays, night, and weekends.
• Provide patient care that is compassionate, appropriate, and effective for the promotion of health, prevention of illness, treatment of disease, and care at the end of life. Function as the expert for patient care related to acute, chronic, and end-stage kidney disease, fluid, electrolyte and acid-base disorders.
• Develop treatment plans, including but not limited to dialysis (hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis, continuous renal replacement therapy).
• Round on hospitalized patients, attending in clinics, writing of prescription medications, writing for consultative services, diet instruction, and other physician-driven or exclusive decisions.
• Provide evaluations and treatment recommendations, including acute dialysis orders, for hospitalized patient.