|•||Job Seeker Tools|
|•||Your Saved Jobs|
|•||Build Your Professional Profile|
|Head Nurse - APPLY BY 11/29/23|
Company: State of Connecticut
Location: Southbury, CT
Employment Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 11/20/2023
Expire Date: 12/20/2023
Job Categories: Healthcare, Practitioner and Technician
Head Nurse - APPLY BY 11/29/23|
Location: Southbury, CT
Salary: $77,847 - $102,984/year
Job Type: Open to the Public
Close Date: 11/29/2023 11:59:00 PM
Are you looking for an opportunity to provide nursing supervision as an employee for the State of Connecticut? Then look no further, the Department of Developmental Services (DDS) has just the opportunity for you to join our team as a Head Nurse!
At the DDS, we are currently seeking a qualified individual to join our team in Southbury at the Southbury Training School!
What We Have To Offer!
- To work for a Forbes top company: ‘Forbes’ State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 - State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and
- Flexible Schedule
- Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage
- Comprehensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings
- Retirement healthcare offerings
- Professional growth and development opportunities
- Outstanding work-life balance
- State of Connecticut is an eligible Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer, meaning you may be eligible to have qualifying student loans forgiven after 10 years of service. Click here for more information
Your Role as a Head Nurse
You would be entrusted to lead administrative and clinical supervision of professional nurses. Along with other duties as needed, we would have you:
- Plan unit workflow and set priorities
- Lead professional and paraprofessional staff in an individuals care
- Identify and train staff on developmental needs so they can succeed in their roles
- This is a full-time (35 hours weekly/ 70 hours bi-weekly) first (1st) shift position with a work schedule as follows:
- Week One: Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Regular days off; Friday & Monday.
- Week 2: Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 7:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. Regular days off; Saturday & Sunday.
- However, flexibility may be needed in order to meet the needs of the agency.
We hope you take this opportunity to join our team and make a difference!
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS - GENERAL EXPERIENCE
Two (2) years of experience as a Registered Professional Nurse.
Incumbents in this class must possess and retain a license or temporary permit as a Registered Professional Nurse in Connecticut.
Incumbents in this class may be required to be fluent in a foreign language or proficient in the use of the American Sign Language in certain designated positions.
Incumbents in this class may be required to travel.
The State of Connecticut – Executive Branch employs thousands of dedicated professionals, committed to providing a safe and thriving environment for our community, and visitors. As a small state, we have so much to offer – education, employment, culture, travel, nature, history and recreation - each of these opportunities positively impact our citizens and businesses. While Hartford is Connecticut’s state capital and home to many of our agency offices, we are proud to offer positions located throughout the state. Some of our most popular work sites are located in Bridgeport, Enfield, Middletown, New Haven, Torrington, and with a higher demand throughout the Fairfield County. We are seeking to hire employees for locations statewide who find inspiration in our culture and values, specifically: - Committed to making an impact - Serving the public through meaningful work - Seeking limitless opportunities to grow - Enjoy a work/life balance (with competitive benefits) - Interested in diversity and fresh perspectives If you can see yourself contributing to our vision, we encourage you to apply to join us!