We are still accepting applications for the Miss Black Georgia USA 2008 competition slated for January 12, 2008. Details are below...
It is official - Miss Black Georgia USA is a state preliminary for the Miss Black USA pageant. In order to get our queen ready, we have moved the pageant date to January 12, 2008!! See details below...
1. There is an entry fee.
2. Entry fee covers the following:
Hotel room (3 nights, 2 days - double occupancy)
Food (2 Breakfast, 2 lunches, 1 dinner, 1 reception)
Contestant prize package
Photo package of pageant (2 photos)
Transportation for the weekend
3. Competition• Panel Interview (20%)
• Talent (25%)
• Evening Gown (15%)
• Sportswear Fitness (15%)
• On-Stage Q & A (25%)
Panel Interview – Interview with the panel of judges that will focus on personal achievements, goals, and current events and issues along with information provided in application and bio form.
Talent – Display creativity, uniqueness, and personality through song, dance, dramatic interpretation, spoken word, musical instrument, or other pre-approved talent. All talents can be up to 2 minutes in length.
Evening Gown – Display your elegance, grace, and beauty in a formal gown that is becoming and compliments your style. Gowns should be tasteful and a reflection of the sophistication of the contestant.
Sportswear/Fitness – A high energy and dynamic piece of the competition wear an outfit that displays your physical fitness and compliments your figure (no swimsuits).
4. Contestants must sell 2 full pages worth of ads ($300) and 15 tickets ($300). Fund raising packets are available for all contestants.
5. A professional photo shoot will be held on Saturday, October 27 to take pictures for the website and program booklet. There will also be a contestant's workshop immediately following the shoot. There is NO additional charge for the shoot. Contestants will receive 2 prints from the shoot.
6. All donations are tax-deductible.
7. Prizes include:
Crown and sash
Professional Photo shoot
Make-over and Image consulting
Official Business cards and personal stationary
All expense paid trip to The Gambia, West Africa (May 28 - June 14, 2008)
Complimentary Manicures and Pedicures (throughout reign)
Reception in hometown
Engraved Jewelry Box
Fashion Stylist and allowance (min. $500)
$3,000 Scholarship Award (released to your current school)
Please let me know if you want an application packet, I can be reached via email [EMAIL="firstname.lastname@example.org"]email@example.com[/EMAIL] or at 888-851-6858.