Home > Forums > Interest Groups > Fraternity & Sorority Life
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
Why Do Kappas Still Call Themselves "Pretty Boys"..I'm Lost.... Posted on 04-24-2008
Mr. TSU
Houston, TX
................
  [Reply]
Page 1 of 3 123  >  Last
replied on 04-24-2008 07:58AM [Reply]
Okay, so I'm lost in regards to the point of your post.... You wanna be a Kappa... CHECK You come on an OPEN forum... CHECK You broadcast that you WILL be a Kappa... kinda CHECK Wait, are you dissing the kappas or what? Come on "Mr. TSU"?!?! It wouldn't be too hard for the Kappas on your campus to know who your "not so pretty boy" self is... LOL! I'm soo off topic I guess... again, what was the point of your post?
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 04-24-2008 08:01AM [Reply]
I forgot to add that your research should have included WHAT the Kappas are really about... Sincerely, Daughter/Sister of 2 of the PRETTIEST Boys in KappaLand!
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Mr. TSU from Houston, TX replied on 04-24-2008 09:24AM [Reply]
FAMUDva wrote:
Okay, so I'm lost in regards to the point of your post.... You wanna be a Kappa... CHECK You come on an OPEN forum... CHECK You broadcast that you WILL be a Kappa... kinda CHECK Wait, are you dissing the kappas or what? Come on "Mr. TSU"?!?! It wouldn't be too hard for the Kappas on your campus to know who your "not so pretty boy" self is... LOL! I'm soo off topic I guess... again, what was the point of your post?
lmao i hope not I didn't reveal my full name on here, or any other info other than that I go to tsu......but hopefully they will be den forgotten by then when i pledge.....but oh well im just curious about alot of things! dont do me ms. famudva!!!! Not a good look for u! if u wasn't going to help me, then your post in here was quite irrelevant.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 04-24-2008 09:37AM [Reply]
Mr. TSU wrote:
lmao i hope not I didn't reveal my full name on here, or any other info other than that I go to tsu......but hopefully they will be den forgotten by then when i pledge.....but oh well im just curious about alot of things! dont do me ms. famudva!!!! Not a good look for u! if u wasn't going to help me, then your post in here was quite irrelevant.
You think you aren't that hard to figure out? think again... My post WAS meant to be helpful to you.... BE EFFING DISCRETE!!!!! KEEP IT MOVING MR. TSU! I have my letters... I'm not a FUTURE Delta... I AM a Delta... For the REST OF MY LIFE! I'm not the daughter of a FUTURE KAPPA... I'm the daughter of a KAPPA MAN! I'm not the sister of a FUTURE KAPPA... I'm the sister of a KAPPA MAN... so in the end I don't have to help you with shyt... but if you would have read b/w the lines... I was helping... by telling you that discretion is rule #1. Or was that not mentioned in your researh? And it's FAMUDva... nothing less....
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
smc112 replied on 04-24-2008 03:04PM [Reply]
Well, I've heard this joke one time. Kappa's are 80% pretty and they let the other 20% slip through the cracks! Anyway, those are just stereotypes and has nothing to do with the actual organization. AKA's have the same type of stereotypes. There are very few pretty AKA's compared to the rough looking ones! ( I hope the ugly ones aren't fooled into thinking they are actually pretty!) So you can't go on stereotypes. Anyway, I have to agree with FAMUDiva what is it that you actually want to know? You didn't ask anything pertaining to what the organization stands for, what they do to help the community, or any beneficial questions. What is it that you want to know? If you have any questions about Kappa's I can let you know. All the men in my family are Kappas. My father, my brother-in-law, cousins, and uncles. If you actually want some helpful info just ask, but I can't tell you anything about the stereotypes you are asking about. Besides, that is very superficial and not very important. You need to ask important questions such as, (a) How much does it cost to join (b)what are the requirements (c) will it distract from my personal goals such as studying and graduating (d) are they actually doing something at TSU or are they just wasting time trying to be "pretty boys" (e) will the money, I paid for dues, go towards something beneficial or will it just be wasted on throwing parties at the club? See, I gave you some very important questions you need to be asking and not some frivilous stuff. Anyway, just a thought. P.S. Another thing, you need to have your mind focused on the things that are important in life. Get your priorities straight. Your main focus should be getting out of school and graduating! Don't let the Greek stuff be a distraction. It can become a big distraction and I know of some people who flunk out of school trying to pledge. So instead of you wasting time searching for videos on Youtube of Kappas, get you a good book to read and become knowledgeable about life. Be prepared for your next move in life. At your age, it is a season for preparation of what you need to be doing after college, don't get caught up in distractions. If you want to pledge, consider doing Grad chapter because that way you will have your college goals out of the way.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 04-24-2008 07:05PM [Reply]
smc112 wrote:
P.S. Another thing, you need to have your mind focused on the things that are important in life. Get your priorities straight. Your main focus should be getting out of school and graduating! Don't let the Greek stuff be a distraction. It can become a big distraction and I know of some people who flunk out of school trying to pledge. So instead of you wasting time searching for videos on Youtube of Kappas, get you a good book to read and become knowledgeable about life. Be prepared for your next move in life. At your age, it is a season for preparation of what you need to be doing after college, don't get caught up in distractions. If you want to pledge, consider doing Grad chapter because that way you will have your college goals out of the way.
Well spoken girl!!!!
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
C Nels replied on 04-24-2008 07:06PM [Reply]
Mr. TSU wrote:
I've done TOO MUCH research, so much that I feel like I'm already a Kappa (SO Forget ya'll who say I shouldn't discuss this type of stuff on here, I FEEL LIKE A KAPPA ALREADY and I'm willing to face any challenge thats going to officially make me that!)....I'm only talking about it on HERE though, not alot of my PERSONAL ISSUE is revealed on here, so hopefully it won't reflect me much.... But yeah anyways I'm still stuck on this issue about the "Pretty Boys of Kappa Alpha Psi". Can someone give me some tips, advice, school me, or something?
I think you've pretty much shut out anybody who could give you some "tips, advice, schooling or something" with that one statement. Best wishes on your journey my brother!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
evy08 replied on 04-24-2008 08:21PM [Reply]
People on HBCU Connet kill me......
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Mr. TSU from Houston, TX replied on 04-25-2008 01:16AM [Reply]
smc112 wrote:
P.S. Another thing, you need to have your mind focused on the things that are important in life. Get your priorities straight. Your main focus should be getting out of school and graduating! Don't let the Greek stuff be a distraction. It can become a big distraction and I know of some people who flunk out of school trying to pledge. So instead of you wasting time searching for videos on Youtube of Kappas, get you a good book to read and become knowledgeable about life. Be prepared for your next move in life. At your age, it is a season for preparation of what you need to be doing after college, don't get caught up in distractions. If you want to pledge, consider doing Grad chapter because that way you will have your college goals out of the way.
lol very funny. I'm NO dummy! I Graduated HS with a 3.5 GPA and #7 in my class of 103 (VERY small country town school), so TRUST ME I KNOW better! I've had my priorities together for and after High School since 9th Grade! I'm not just some dummy going to college just so I can pledge and join this fraternity cause I heard its cool, blah, blah, blah! I have my reasons for wanting to join the chapter JUST as I have my reasons for being in college already! There's no way with my type of mind frame that I could loose concentration on the WHOLE purpose of college just by focusing on joining a fraternity. I'M NOT THAT STUPID! I know my education comes first! I AM GETTING THAT! I WANT THAT! I NEED THAT! I want to join a fraternity for my own personal reasons, also being that I just found out I will be the first one to have pledged in my ENTIRE family! Or at least in this century of my family, sot hat just motivated me MORE! Once again I'm not some lost soul whose only reason for going to college is to join a fraternity! I know what I want my ambitions and goals of what I want to get out of college! I know my ambitions after college! So although your paragraph would have been helpful to a "lost soul" who fit the description you was trying to classify me as, it is NOT helpful to me! I'm too smart for that! I know what comes FIRST and LAST in life. I also know that I'm going to achieve whatever is between that first and last, which is me wanting to pledge. That is FAR from being first on my list, but it is also far from being last! Trust me I KNOW what I want to do! Thanks for Trying To Help Though!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 1 of 3 123  >  Last
Home > Forums > Interest Groups > Fraternity & Sorority Life
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!