Home > Forums > Interest Groups > HBCU Recruits!
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
if you currently attend Tuskegee, fisk, spelman, hampton, clark.open up Posted on 06-15-2008
HBCUlover
washington, DC
basically i just want an honest opinion about the schools. im thinking about applying to those schools and more for fall of 2009 but i just want to get some insight into the schools. any tips about admissions? how are the professors, the classes, the people, the dorms, the social scene,etc. also just a couple pros and cons of the school. hope im not asking for much.i just wanna get to know more about the schools other than what i read or see on their websites.=] sincerely, lost in DC.=]
  [Reply]
Page 1 of 7 1234567  >  Last
treyslizzle replied on 06-15-2008 01:06AM [Reply]
Im going to Hampton in August, so I dont know anything yet. But you can go to hbcu-review.com even though hardly any schools got reviews except Hampton.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
akeem18 from New Orleans, LA replied on 06-15-2008 01:09AM [Reply]

HBCUlover wrote:
basically i just want an honest opinion about the schools. im thinking about applying to those schools and more for fall of 2009 but i just want to get some insight into the schools. any tips about admissions? how are the professors, the classes, the people, the dorms, the social scene,etc. also just a couple pros and cons of the school. hope im not asking for much.i just wanna get to know more about the schools other than what i read or see on their websites.=] sincerely, lost in DC.=]
what are you majoring in
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
HBCUlover from washington, DC replied on 06-15-2008 02:29AM [Reply]
i think hbcu-review.com only has 1 review on Tuskegee, a good amount on Hampton but none for the other hbcus. well the way things are going right now i know i want to major in psychology but i also think im going to be in the pre-med program.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
sweet_honeybu from Riverside, CA replied on 06-15-2008 02:44AM [Reply]

Tuskegee: one question whats ur major? 1) admission is fairly selective- you know something that can show for something is enough to get in 2)the people are family 3)the dorms get better as your grade goes up 4)tuskegee is a rural part, not the city so its not much to do but 15 minutes away is montgomery and auburn (malls, movies bowling, etc), atlanta is about an hour an a half away, and i know you've heard bout atlanta you can find things to do there 5)classes (depending on your major)... if you have more questions ill answer them
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
HBCUlover from washington, DC replied on 06-15-2008 02:57AM [Reply]
-->im gonna do pre-med but major in psychology. -->so there are no parties or fun things that go on around or in tuskegee, id have to go to ATL?lol (not that all i wanna do it party but im a firm believer in "work hard play hard"lol) -->so im guessing freshman dorms are crappy? -->hows curfew?maintenance? the food?lol internet connections n stuff?lol
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
akeem18 from New Orleans, LA replied on 06-15-2008 02:59AM [Reply]

HBCUlover wrote:
-->im gonna do pre-med but major in psychology. -->so there are no parties or fun things that go on around or in tuskegee, id have to go to ATL?lol (not that all i wanna do it party but im a firm believer in "work hard play hard"lol) -->so im guessing freshman dorms are crappy? -->hows curfew?maintenance? the food?lol internet connections n stuff?lol
i would not recommend clark for your major
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
HBCUlover from washington, DC replied on 06-15-2008 03:03AM [Reply]
lol. why wouldn't you recommend clark for my major? their program isnt good?
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
akeem18 from New Orleans, LA replied on 06-15-2008 03:07AM [Reply]

HBCUlover wrote:
lol. why wouldn't you recommend clark for my major? their program isnt good?
We are not great in Pre-Med but i would suggest Spelman College also Xavier University
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
HBCUlover from washington, DC replied on 06-15-2008 03:09AM [Reply]
well ok.i'll have to research that a little more. not that i dont trust you or nething.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 1 of 7 1234567  >  Last
Home > Forums > Interest Groups > HBCU Recruits!
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!