Home > Forums > Interest Groups > Fraternity & Sorority Life
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
What do you do about persistent interestees? Posted on 07-14-2004
Trauma_Unit14

A soror of mine from another school complains about how this group of interested girls keep doing things for them and buying stuff in order to get my sorors to like them. She is worried that these girls will get them in trouble for making it appear as though they are pledging. She has complained to her advisor and they have even told the girls to stop. But one of the girls has been rejected twice and will graduate next May, so it is her last chance to pledge undergrad. She has stated that if she doesn't make that line, then the line won't cross. Those are some big words. How do you, as in those in BGLOs, think this situation should be handled. I know what they are doing to handle it, but I am interested in knowing how others, in BGLOs, would handle this situation.
  [Reply]
Page 1 of 4 1234  >  Last
Pretty Kitty from landover hills, MD replied on 07-14-2004 12:48PM [Reply]

Girl, i couldnt even tell u. First of, your soror shouldnt have accepted the gifts even though i did last year but the girl who bought the gift for me did it more of as a favor and she knows she has the vote to get in when the time is right. But as for y'all, that is messed up. I know i would fight her for real cuz that is messed. She needs to think, if they rejected u twice, just maybe u arent cut out for it or just do grad but she is talkin about tellin, naw see, thats messed up. Imma pray for your sorors cuz that aint right. What school does your soror go to or do u not want to tell
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
WileECoyote06 replied on 07-14-2004 12:48PM [Reply]
Vote them in if they qualify. Or keep them off line by claiming that they hazed themselves. The hazing agreement works both ways.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 07-14-2004 12:52PM [Reply]
"hazed themselves" - that's interesting.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Pretty Kitty from landover hills, MD replied on 07-14-2004 12:59PM [Reply]

I agree with Wiley. Vote em in. And give em one of those line names he he
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
B-Will2K5 replied on 07-14-2004 02:04PM [Reply]
Pretty Kitty wrote:
I agree with Wiley. Vote em in. And give em one of those line names he he
Hopefully if you vote them in and they finish intake they will work for the organization with that same amount of passion, persistance and enthusiam
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Trauma_Unit14 replied on 07-14-2004 02:18PM [Reply]
Pretty Kitty wrote:
Girl, i couldnt even tell u. First of, your soror shouldnt have accepted the gifts even though i did last year but the girl who bought the gift for me did it more of as a favor and she knows she has the vote to get in when the time is right. But as for y'all, that is messed up. I know i would fight her for real cuz that is messed. She needs to think, if they rejected u twice, just maybe u arent cut out for it or just do grad but she is talkin about tellin, naw see, thats messed up. Imma pray for your sorors cuz that aint right. What school does your soror go to or do u not want to tell
I don't want to say what school. But one of the girls hangmout here on HBCU central. 2 of the girls will make it, but the rest won't. They have done very foul ish like call some of the boyfriends of the last girls who were on line and the Deltas to try and hook up with them while they were busy with pledge activities. One of the boyfrinds, who is a bruh, got smart and recorded the convo. Some of those girls are very trifling and have nothing to bring to the org. The two that will be voted in have stopped buying stuff and just started being cool. They listened when they were told to stop the dumb stuff. The others didn't and will not make it.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Trauma_Unit14 replied on 07-14-2004 02:19PM [Reply]
B-Will2K5 wrote:
Pretty Kitty wrote:
I agree with Wiley. Vote em in. And give em one of those line names he he
Hopefully if you vote them in and they finish intake they will work for the organization with that same amount of passion, persistance and enthusiam
That's a good point, but it's more than the work you put in that makes a good Delta.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
KärolinaPläyboy from charlotte, NC replied on 07-14-2004 04:34PM [Reply]
they could also consider a unannimous vote that the interestee wasn't qualified, or fit for the needs of the chapter. Nationals (should) take into consideration individual reasons that the member was not selected. Afterall whats the point of this distinguished sororites' various intake qualifications if it just allows all the weedsmokers, and campus hoes into the organization? Also, (though sometimes ineffective) a sit down with the girl, letting her know that if she's accepted she would not be a welcomed member and would only be communicated to when in the publics eye. But it sounds like if she's on her way out to graduate, she won't care anyways, as long as she can tell everyone she's a Delta (which is pretty sad)
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Trauma_Unit14 replied on 07-14-2004 04:40PM [Reply]
KärolinaPläyboy wrote:
they could also consider a unannimous vote that the interestee wasn't qualified, or fit for the needs of the chapter. Nationals (should) take into consideration individual reasons that the member was not selected. Afterall whats the point of this distinguished sororites' various intake qualifications if it just allows all the weedsmokers, and campus hoes into the organization? Also, (though sometimes ineffective) a sit down with the girl, letting her know that if she's accepted she would not be a welcomed member and would only be communicated to when in the publics eye. But it sounds like if she's on her way out to graduate, she won't care anyways, as long as she can tell everyone she's a Delta (which is pretty sad)
I won't give out too much info, but she really won't make it. They have all kinds of plans and back-up plans to make sure that she won't make it. Their RD's niece is in that chapter, and the RD already knows about her activities. But you have made some good points.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 1 of 4 1234  >  Last
Home > Forums > Interest Groups > Fraternity & Sorority Life
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!