Home > Forums > Interest Groups > Fraternity & Sorority Life
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
How Do u feel about highschool (wanna b greek) organizations Posted on 10-20-2005
OohSheNIICE

I decided to ask because I've come across alot of greeks who "frown" on them. The ones here act as if they are really going through the pledging process. I wanted to ask the real greeks there views on it. I've come across organizations sponsered by real greeks who even throw up that greek sign and of course i know thats wrong. Do you think thats why alot of greeks dislike them? Are you down for them or are u against them or were u even in one?
  [Reply]
Page 1 of 2 12  >  Last
replied on 10-20-2005 03:09PM [Reply]
It's like the ROTC. Ya ain't soldiers yet, and you will never be until you go through the dedication/faithfulness/loyalness process.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
WileECoyote06 replied on 10-21-2005 11:25AM [Reply]
Um, somewhat accurate Thunderstruck. But um, I disagree with them. We should leave some things for college. If you choose not to go to college, you can pursue Masonry.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
DSTined from Nashville, TN replied on 10-21-2005 11:30AM [Reply]

Well, I'm not ashamed to admit I was in a HS Sorority, Ladies of Gamma, GQA Inc. We were chartered, had a constitution, bylaws, etc. Now that I'm in DST, I can honestly say that things are both similar and different. I was in love and very active in that organization, which ultimately helped me in A LOT of ways. GQA has kind of died out but they are still around (My little sister is one). It was definately an experiance and I do remember getting clowned once at TSU by a member of Kappa Alpha Psi. I don't see anything wrong with them as long as you don't rep it after HS graduation, lol. I think there was already a thread about this though.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
OohSheNIICE replied on 10-21-2005 02:25PM [Reply]
DSTined wrote:
Well, I'm not ashamed to admit I was in a HS Sorority, Ladies of Gamma, GQA Inc. We were chartered, had a constitution, bylaws, etc. Now that I'm in DST, I can honestly say that things are both similar and different. I was in love and very active in that organization, which ultimately helped me in A LOT of ways. GQA has kind of died out but they are still around (My little sister is one). It was definately an experiance and I do remember getting clowned once at TSU by a member of Kappa Alpha Psi. I don't see anything wrong with them as long as you don't rep it after HS graduation, lol. I think there was already a thread about this though.
I didnt see it I was an archonette up to my junior year and it was cool. we even have our own little conferences but like for some reason the archonettes in the south were throwing up like different signs than the ones up north. One girl that was an arkee with me even told me that some up in like washinton through up the actual ZPB sign. Our advisor would have murked us
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 10-21-2005 05:37PM [Reply]
WileECoyote06 wrote:
If you choose not to go to college, you can pursue Masonry.
Good afternoon. I am a newbie to this message board, but I see a lot of familiar faces here. Quick question...Can you explain further the meaning of your statement that I quoted above?
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
WileECoyote06 replied on 10-21-2005 08:32PM [Reply]
I think you are inferring that I believe that Masonry is an inferior organization. You couldn't be further from the truth. I only made that statement to recognize that college enrollment or graduation is not a requirement to join the Masons. If a person wishes to develop a fraternal bond, and did not attend college, then that is a viable option. Other viable options, are firefighting, the police force, or the military.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 10-21-2005 10:46PM [Reply]
8) I gotcha! Just asking for clarification.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
justiFIYAHble from Oxford, MS replied on 11-14-2005 12:44PM [Reply]

| | Belle Chelle | | wrote:
DSTined wrote:
Well, I'm not ashamed to admit I was in a HS Sorority, Ladies of Gamma, GQA Inc. We were chartered, had a constitution, bylaws, etc. Now that I'm in DST, I can honestly say that things are both similar and different. I was in love and very active in that organization, which ultimately helped me in A LOT of ways. GQA has kind of died out but they are still around (My little sister is one). It was definately an experiance and I do remember getting clowned once at TSU by a member of Kappa Alpha Psi. I don't see anything wrong with them as long as you don't rep it after HS graduation, lol. I think there was already a thread about this though.
I didnt see it I was an archonette up to my junior year and it was cool. we even have our own little conferences but like for some reason the archonettes in the south were throwing up like different signs than the ones up north. One girl that was an arkee with me even told me that some up in like washinton through up the actual ZPB sign. Our advisor would have murked us
That's exactly what happened to us...one of my Archonette advisor's who was over our step team told us that it was ok to do it...We got our **** busted and suspended for like 2 weeks from all activities. When I came to college...being an Arkee did help me gain some respect as far as the Sigma's and Zeta's went but at the same time...it made it harder amongst my circle of friends...because they saw me hanging around them as me suckin up for pledge time...so in a way it has its advantages but soon as you hit college...you should hang the shirts, paraphenalia up and start from scratch!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 11-14-2005 03:43PM [Reply]
I disagree with them. For some it is gonna set them up for heartbreak once they get to college.
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 1 of 2 12  >  Last
Home > Forums > Interest Groups > Fraternity & Sorority Life
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!