The 10 Commandments of College Love
Posted By: Elynor Moss on October 29, 2012 |
It can be very challenging finding and maintaining a lasting relationship with a College Sweetheart. There are many why it is hard to have a relationship including: too many option, heavy class schedule, and long distance. It is beneficial to have a partner to get through good and bad times college throws your way. So here are 10 Commandments to help you find and maintain a healthy, happy partnership:
1. Select 5 couples that have the type of relationship you want. Use them as role models to help you set goals and standards.
2. Work daily to keep yourself attractive and appealing to the opposite sex. Make your inside as attractive as your outside.
3. Remember less is more. Men like women who is mysterious and soft spoken. Women like men who don't exploit women via music, or t.v. shows.
4. Refrain from starting arguments or believing you have to have the last word.
5. Seek a partner who enjoys the same activities and subjects as you.
Make sure the person you date is one you know your family would approve of.
7. Give your crush or partner space. Go out and explore on our own so you have something new and exciting to share wen you reconnect.
8. Discuss the goals and purpose of your relationship. If your date or mate does not want to talk about these topics chances are they are not the one for you.
9. Have the guts to discuss STD’s, sex, and pregnancy plans. You should be able to talk about sex with the person who wants to have it with you. Discussing these difficult subjects brings you closer together or further apart. Keep the person that grows closer to you.
10. Research and realize the differences between men and women. Knowing how men and women operate will help you maintain a smooth journey as you grow with your mate.
These commandments are sure to bring you success in finding and maintaining a relationship during college. If you are ready to go put these tips to use on a New Love found on www.HBCULove.com!
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
|Connect with the HBCUConnect representatives for help attaining a career in Healthcare, Education, and Technology|
|Careers for professional talented workers: applicants invited to apply to the following new employers|
Latest Magazine Articles
Popular Magazine Articles