Recipe for Any Day of the Week: Vegetable Fettuccine Primavera
Posted By: Elynor Moss on August 17, 2018 |
4 cups or 1 recipe of Marinara Sauce
1 cup broccoli florets, sliced in half
1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
1 cup thinly sliced yellow crookneck summer squash
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
Nonstick cooking spray
1 tbsp olive ****
8 sliced green onions, tops included
3 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
8 oz whole-wheat fettuccine pasta, cooked according to directions without salt or fat
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Prepare Marinara Sauce recipe according to directions. Set aside.
2. Steam the broccoli, zucchini, squash, and carrots until tender. Set aside.
Spray a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Place the skillet over medium-high heat and add olive ****. When hot, add onions and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add steamed vegetables, basil, and marinara sauce.
6. Add the cooked pasta and stir 3 to 4 minutes to heat through.
7. Top each serving with cheese.
8. Makes 4 servings.
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
Latest Health & Wellness
Popular Health & Wellness