Academic Success Center Tutoring & Testing Services Director needed at Azusa Pacific University! Apply today..
Posted By: Elynor Moss on June 27, 2019 |
The Director of Tutoring and Testing Services provides leadership to a team that plans and implements exceptional tutoring and assessment services to increase retention and overall student success. The director is responsible for comprehensive academic support services programming that provide students with additional learning assistance outside the classroom. The Director of Tutoring and Testing Services provides the administrative leadership for all tutoring and testing services provided at the APU main campus and all regional sites. They supervise staff (fulltime and student workers) to effectively provide these services, ensuring all staff are appropriately trained for their position and implement their roles following all regulatory, legal and university standards. In collaboration with the Executive Director of the Academic Success Center, the director’s leadership and vision will contribute to a comprehensive strategic plan to provide tutoring and testing services at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral levels. In addition the director will oversee ongoing development of tutoring and testing services as a community revenue-generating service. The director serves as the budget manager for tutoring and testing services. The director oversees staff and student workers timekeeping, annual evaluations and ongoing monitoring of employees to ensure excellence in customer service is provided to the APU community and other community partners to ensure that academic services effectively supports college retention and student success initiatives.
* Master’s degree.
* Minimum three years’ experience with academic support services in the areas of tutoring and testing services.
* Minimum two years’ experience working with university students.
* TESOL Certificate and experience working with multilingual students preferred.
* Oversee all aspects of the daily operation of the Tutoring and Testing services areas of the Academic Success Center.
* Assist in the development of workshops.
* Lead workshops.
* Develop and implement various forms of educational technologies in support of tutorial and testing services including online tutorial and testing services.
* Provide direction to tutoring and academic support staff and tutors in planning and organizing tutoring and ongoing trainings.
* Keep current on research, best practices and new initiatives regarding tutoring, testing, and academic support.
* Coordinate, monitor and analyze data and prepare reports, including yearly program review updates and evaluations.
* Develop outreach and publicity efforts to create awareness of tutoring, testing and academic support services through a variety of communication channels and methods.
* Collaborate with relevant departments to promote the tutoring, testing and academic support programs.
* Maintain the content of the tutoring and testing support website and course management site.
* Assesses testing needs in cooperation with academic departments and manages testing and proctoring examinations to students, staff, and community members.
* Manages testing center activities, including maintaining a testing center environment sensitive to user requirements and in accordance with the national standards.
* Participate in professional development activities.
* Interpret and apply county, state and federal policy and legislation as it relates to the area.
* Serves as budget manager for tutoring and testing services.
* Provide budget forecasts and projections as requested.
* Uphold financial policies and guidelines for provision of revenue-generating services.
* Seek applicable grants as appropriate.
* Works in collaboration with ASC Executive Director, General Counsel and departments for MOU’s and other contracts related to tutoring and testing services.
* Oversees processes for hiring and supervision of staff, graduate assistants and students
* Conduct observations of faculty and tutors providing constructive feedback to help staff and student workers build needed skills and develop their potential
* Serve as direct supervisor to tutoring and testing staff and faculty liaison.
* Oversee goal setting and annual review for all personnel under your span of care.
* Responsible for Kronos review and documentation for those under your span of care.
* Excellent oral speaking skills and excellent correspondence and writing skills.
* Professional and personable demeanor.
* Good initiative-taking and independent working skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to manage details and follow through.
* Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
Azusa Pacific University is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Click this link to view and apply for this job!
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
|Academic Research Moms Group Launches Scholarship Fund with The HBCU Foundation & Meharry Medical College|
Latest Career Content
Popular Career Content