CUNY Hunter College is hiring: Administrative Coordinator (Silberman School of Social Work)
Posted By: Elynor Moss on August 21, 2019 |
Administrative Coordinator (Silberman School of Social Work)
Job ID: 20835
Location: Hunter College
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Administrative Coordinator will report to the Associate Dean for Academic and Faculty Affairs. In addition to the CUNY **** Overview, the Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for but not limited to the following duties:
* Schedule peer observations, course evaluations and other required department activities
* Coordinate faculty workload activities and textbook acquisitions
* Working with the Associate Dean, troubleshoot and resolve issues related to faculty and adjunct affairs
* Assist with the coordination of special programs and events
* Draft internal and external communications
* Schedule and coordinate program meetings, interviews, etc.
Bachelor's Degree required. Applicant must demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, BlackBoard, and other academic communication systems. In addition, applicant must have a proficiency in managing multiple tasks; must be detail-oriented and organized; possess excellent verbal and writing skills and good customer service skills. Experience working in a higher education setting including extensive contact with students, faculty, administrative staff, and community agencies is preferred.
CUNY **** OVERVIEW
- Supports projects, initiatives, and activities that impact an academic or administrative department.
- Manages basic office functions such as communications, meeting schedules, work plans, staff assignments, and distributing information.
- Collects data for, prepares, and distributes reports and presentations using word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Updates office databases, lists, and files to ensure completeness and accuracy; maintains current information on department web site(s); maintains department archives and collections.
- Conducts internet and/or database research and performs basic systems queries to locate information related to department activities.
- Maintains department fiscal plans and budgets; assists in budget administration and invoice processing.
- Provides basic information, instructions, and materials as requested by students, faculty, and others who contact the department.
- May supervise office staff and student workers.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Assistant to HEO
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be submitted online by accessing the CUNY Portal on City University of New York job website http://www.cuny.edu/employment.html and following the CUNYfirst Job System Instructions. Current users of the site should access their established accounts; new users should follow the instructions to set up an account. To search for this vacancy, click on Search Job Listings, select More Options To Search For CUNY Jobs and enter the Job Opening ID number. The required material, as stated on the CUNYfirst vacancy notice, for the application package, must be uploaded as ONE file in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including **** orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Click this link to view and apply for this job!
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
|It's the least we can do! Help us Honor the service workers who have helped us survive during Corona Virus harships.|
Latest Career Content
Popular Career Content