Oakwood University Student Awarded Grant to Attend International Conference
Posted By: Reggie Culpepper on August 23, 2019 |
by Vinica Weiss, communications associate, Public Relations Society of America
Giana Darville, an Oakwood student, is one of eight exceptional students to receive a grant from the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Foundation. As a grant winner, Giana will have the unique opportunity to meet leading executives from the communications industry at the 2019 International Conference in San Diego, California, October 18-22, 2019. There she will have numerous occasions to network with these professionals and build lasting relationships.
The PRSA Foundation announced that Giana and seven other students have received grants to attend the Conference. This marks the third year the PRSA Foundation has given out the awards, which allot up to $2,500 per student. As part of the award, the students will also receive one-on-one mentoring from PRSA members, as well as attend an informative panel discussion with leaders in the industry and PRSA College of Fellows members.
The 2019 PRSA Foundation Student Travel Grant Award Winners are (l-r):
• Deontre’ McCray – Claflin University (Orangeburg, SC)
• Elsabete Kebede – San Jose State University (San Jose, CA)
• Facundo Luque – Universidad Argentina de la Empresa (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
• Giana Darville – Oakwood University (Huntsville, AL)
• Jannah Khalil – California State University, Sacramento (Sacramento, CA)
• Jessica Treviño – University of Texas at Arlington (Arlington, TX)
• Katherine Moore – University of Florida (Gainesville, FL)
• Gaokalia Mindy Lee – Metropolitan State University (Saint Paul, MN)
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
|Two Alcorn State University students set to participate in Coca-Cola's annual Pay It Forward Program|