Non-Profit organization, Achievement First has room for a Director of Project Management.
Posted By: Elynor Moss on January 15, 2020 |
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Based in the Northeast, ideally Brooklyn, NY, Providence, RI, or New Haven, CT
About Achievement First:
Achievement First, a non-profit 501(c)3 charter school management organization, operates over 30 public charter schools in Brooklyn, Connecticut and Rhode Island. The mission of Achievement First is to deliver on the promise of equal educational opportunity for all children, regardless of race or economic status. Achievement First currently educates more than 12,600 students in historically underserved neighborhoods, with over 90% of our students identifying as Black and Latino. With its college-preparatory focus, the Achievement First approach is attaining breakthrough academic gains throughout the network. Beyond our students and schools, Achievement First is an engaged and prominent partner in the larger conversation about how to improve public education and student achievement in our country.
In 2015, Achievement First launched an innovative school model that we call Greenfield. Greenfield is ground-up redesign of the middle and high school with the goal of dramatically increasing college persistence. In fall 2019 we will open our fifth Greenfield Campus. Achievement First’s Greenfield schools provide rigorous, high-quality instruction within a nurturing school community focused on developing self-motivated learners, problem-solvers and leaders. Greenfield is currently focused on grades 5-7 and growing to 8th grade in 20-21 and HS in the 21-22 school year. Our students benefit from:
● Self-directed work powered by a Personalized Learning Platform.
● Rigorous and rewarding core academic classes.
● Twice daily enrichments of scholar choice.
● Hands-on, experiential learning that deepens and extends what students learn in the classroom through two-week long expeditions three times a year.
● Social emotional learning and small-group mentoring to develop social-emotional skills and goal setting skills.
● Student curated dream teams that consist of teachers, family members and other significant influencers in a scholar’s life. This team works to help scholars achieve scholar goals.
● Intervention built into the fabric of the school day.
● An awesomely powerful community where school, home and the broader community link arms in support of scholar development and achievement.
At Greenfield, we strive to ensure all scholars excel on our four College Success Factors:
● Academical Preparation: Our students will ALL achieve at the highest levels – they’ll be competitive with the best students in the US and abroad and fully prepared for the rigors of college coursework.
● Academical Independence: Students can become the agents of their success through ownership and personalization.
● Social Emotional Strength: Habits of success can and should be taught. Students need to experience the joy and excellence that comes from enrichment outside of traditional academics.
● Personal Why: A deeply held and individually developed personal drive to achieve grounded in personal interests and motivation.
For more information about Achievement First’s mission, approach, schools and team, please visit our website at www.achievementfirst.org.
The Director of Project Management is an essential member of the Greenfield Leadership Team. This role is an excellent opportunity for a former educator and/or professional with operations and project management experience to work closely with a high performing, cross-functional, innovative team on an inspiring school model. The Director will co-manage a team of 6 operations members, and lead strategic work across the Greenfield Team – a team of 20+ team members, as well as work closely with our 5 schools. This role will report to the Director of Greenfield Operations & Strategy.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
● Set, roll-out and manage project management vision for all Greenfield Projects
○ As a team we work to norm and curate best practices on the life cycle of project management- identifying milestones; developing the project plan; gathering requirements; contingency planning; establishing priorities and deadlines; and ensuring assigned tasks in each stage are on track and completed. The Director of Project Management would collaborate closely with the Operations team co-lead to set and roll-out vision for team’s project management practices.
○ Gather feedback on the effectiveness of our teams norms and systems, continually innovate and push the bar for excellence through consult with Regional Superintendent and other Greenfield Team leads, other Network teams, school stakeholders, and external partners.
○ Monitor and track progress on project initiatives, adjusting resources and priorities as needed across the team with the Operations team co-lead. Be able to communicate clearly about status of projects across the team internally and externally.
● Manage the development, customization, roll out and ongoing support of all Assessment, Technology and Reporting Products
○ Work closely with our Design Team and Schools to gather programmatic data collection and reporting requirements and coordinate with our Systems and Data team to vet high quality options, prioritize requests for improvement and plan for launch and support of reporting and data management systems and tools.
○ Ensure schools have the information, training and support needed to effectively use our Technology Products and leverage our Data Reporting Tools.
○ Manage the operationalization and communication with all key stakeholders around our current grading policies and practices.
○ Collaborate closely with Director of Digital Learning to ensure all online/blended learning tools meet intended learning objectives and integrate seamlessly with our data and reporting systems and tools.
● Develop the strategy for and project manage the execution of several strategic initiatives.
○ Evaluate the effectiveness of our current grading policies and develop the strategy and execution plan for key changes, where necessary, to better align our grading practices with key performance indicators of model success, including the introduction of GPA into upper Middle School grades.
○ Develop and manage the Knowledge Management systems required for codifying and sharing resources with all of our schools as well as working with the AF Accelerate team to develop the strategy for sharing our resources with external partners and interested networks.
○ Manage the annual development of the Regional School Calendars, School Staffing Model and School Budget Guidance to optimize programmatic needs and meet fiscal targets required of our schools.
● Manage 2-3 members of Greenfield Operations Team
○ Manage Greenfield operations team members who are responsible for all curriculum publishing, professional development operations, readiness planning, knowledge management, school communication, team-wide systems, project management of key team strategies and many other essential functions.
○ Works with their manager and in conjunction with Operations Team co-lead in developing short and long-term goals and plans for the Greenfield Operation Team, and supports translating into individual goals for direct report(s).
Skills and Characteristics
● You are committed to Achievement First’s mission, and have an unwavering belief that all students can and will succeed.
● You believe people and relationships matter and have an ability to understand the motivations and needs of others. You understand the art of managing and resolving conflicts, hearing and validating all sides, and simultaneously having the courage to make tough calls when necessary.
● You model a growth mindset and are open to constantly improving yourself as a leader. You seek feedback constantly and take complete ownership over outcomes and the projects and people you manage.
● You are a strong communicator (verbal and written), critical thinker, collaborator and meeting facilitator. You are able to lead effectively across a wide range of stakeholders.
● You have robust project management skills and are able to develop this skill in others.
● You are an effective and creative problem solver, with a keen understanding of value drivers.
● You have strong organizational and time management skills and are able to execute tasks with an acute attention to detail.
● You embrace change, are a team player with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude, are flexible and adaptive, and strive for continuous development.
Desired Experience and Education
● Bachelor’s degree from a competitive college or university
● At least 5-7 years of robust project management experience, PMP certification preferred
● Experience with Project Management Tools (Microsoft Excel, Asana preferred)
● Experience with reporting and data management & tools (Tableau preferred)
● Proven record of leading complicated, cross-functional projects and delivering on outcomes
Special Work Requirements
Some evening and weekend work may be required. The position is based in Brooklyn, NY, Providence, RI or New Haven, CT. Occasional travel between these 3 regions will be necessary.
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. Additionally, Achievement First offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Complete this application form to submit both a cover letter and resume: http://bit.ly/applyGF. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Achievement First is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Spanish language proficiency is a plus. You can learn more about diversity at Achievement First here: http://www.achievementfirst.org/about-us/d...
Click this link to view and apply for this job!
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
|Connect with the HBCUConnect representatives for help attaining a career in Healthcare, Education, and Technology|
|Careers for professional talented workers: applicants invited to apply to the following new employers|
Latest Career Content
Popular Career Content