Oakwood University to Operate in Hybrid Mode for Fall Semester
Posted By: Reggie Culpepper on July 22, 2020 |
Oakwood University has scaled its Reopening Plan to Hybrid Operations or Scenario #2, as described on page 4 of the University's Reopening Plan. Hybrid operations include both Remote Learning and Face-to-Face Learning. The University will continue to follow the recommendations and guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the State of Alabama Department of Public Health.
“In the changing landscape created by the COVID-19 pandemic, each of the adaptations reflected in our academic delivery strategies represents the University’s commitment serving our students and families. The safety of our faculty, staff, and students remains our highest priority,” said President Leslie Pollard.
The Fall 2020 class schedule has been modified to reflect the Hybrid Operations consistent with the University Reopening Plan. All classes at Oakwood University will be taught by one of the following formats or modalities:
• HyFlex (Hybrid Flexible): On campus instruction (in person, face-to-face) supplemented with remote instruction for some class periods. In a HyFlex course, instruction is delivered both in person and online at the same time by the same faculty member. Students can then choose for each and every class meeting whether to join class in person or join class online. Unless the class time has changed, original class schedule times remain the same. Students MUST communicate directly with the instructor regarding this course.
• Hybrid: On-campus instruction with remote capability including all, selected or some class periods. Unless the class time has changed, original class schedule times remain the same. Students MUST communicate directly with the instructor regarding this course.
• 100% Virtual: Asynchronous instruction which is 100% online. Some instructors may reserve the option for synchronous instruction during select scheduled times. Students MUST communicate directly with the instructor regarding this course.
• Asynchronous: All class members will not meet at a specific time. Students may engage with course material on a flexible schedule.
• Synchronous: All class members will meet at a specified time period.
Students MUST contact their specific departments for more details. Department chairs are available to answer questions or to provide advisement on schedule changes. Please email department chairs directly. The remaining department faculty and advisors will be available beginning August 3, 2020. New and transfer students, please contact your advisor in the Center for Student Success.
Instruction Begins: August 10
Last Day to Enter Classes for the First Time: August 19
Last Day to Add a Class to the Existing Schedule: August 19
Last Day to Drop a Class Without a “W”: August 21
Late Registration Ends: August 21
you can view the plan at https://www2.oakwood.edu/wp-content/upload...
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
|Two Alcorn State University students set to participate in Coca-Cola's annual Pay It Forward Program|