College of the Sequoias Community College District Seeks Full-Time Tenure Track Faculty members! Apply now!
Posted By: Reggie Culpepper on February 10, 2021 |
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting faculty who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals.
COS values the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, abilities, genders, gender identities, and orientations. The District prioritizes applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits a diverse student population brings to a community college and seeks faculty members who are equity-minded, collegial, committed to helping all students achieve their educational goals, and value mentorship. Ideal candidates will share the Sequoias Community College District’s commitment to student-centered pedagogy and to creating inclusive learning experiences that will benefit our racially and socioeconomically diverse student population.
The College seeks candidates who are committed to the community college mission and exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for commitment to student success.This position encompasses the following professional responsibilities and competencies:
• Assume leadership roles both within the department and in the institution as a whole.
• Commitment to serving the needs of the student, department, college and community.
• Collaboration across disciplines and utilization of student support resources.
• Participates in department, division, college committee, and participatory governance activities.
• Participates in curriculum and program development.
• Work collegially and collaboratively within the college community.
• Participates in ongoing professional development.
• Ability to create a dynamic learning environment that values instructor/student interaction.
• Ability to effectively engage with and facilitate authentic learning for students of diverse backgrounds, cultures and experience.
• Ability to adapt teaching pedagogy to the knowledge of each individual and class.
• Demonstrated experience and commitment to integrating new technologies into the learning process, including but not limited to interactive technologies for on-campus and on-line courses.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Ready to join the College of the Sequoias team? Go to https://apptrkr.com/2150394 to view all available positions and apply today!
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
|Free for HBCU Students and Grads: Tips and tricks on effective communication, networking, and interviewing!|
|Deion Sanders era begins at JacksonState University this Sunday as the spring football season starts|
Latest Career Content
Popular Career Content