Are You Passionate About Education and Youth Development? The Afterschool Alliance is Looking for YOU!
Posted By: Kennedy Williams on May 05, 2021 |
The Afterschool Alliance is seeking HBCU graduates to apply for its Special Assistant to the Executive Director Position. The Special Assitant will support the program's mission to provide kids equal access to quality afterschool and summer programs that help them learn and grow, and provide working families with peace of mind.
They’ve worked to ensure 7.8 million children have fun, engaging programs after school, but there are 25 million more children whose parents want them in these programs but for whom programs are not available.
The Alliance works to ensure that all youth have access to affordable, quality afterschool programs by engaging public will to increase public and private investment in afterschool program initiatives at the national, state, and local levels.
The Special Assistant to the Executive Director will work directly with the Executive Director to provide administrative and strategic support while gaining insight into the different facets of nonprofit management. The Special Assistant to the Executive Director will also provide assistance in supporting the Board of Directors and other staff members. Responsibilities of the position include:
• Manage Executive Director’s schedule, including daily calendar and contacts
• Organize preparatory and logistical materials for local and out-of-town meetings and events
• Assist Executive Director with managing prioritized projects and executing administrative tasks, such as:
• Draft correspondence to allied organizations, Congressional staff, and prospective funders
• Draft presentations and remarks
• Proofread and edit letters, memos, and other official communications to Members of Congress, funders, strategic partners, and stakeholders
For more info about position requirements, job responsibilities, and how to APPLY, click here!
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
|Delaware State Receives $100,000 Grant from Verizon to Support the School's eSports Tech Center and Computer Science Program|
|Black Nurse Practitioner Latrina Walden Launches Platform to Assist Students Transitioning into Practice|
Latest Career Content
Popular Career Content