GlaxoSmithKline Hosts Another Successful Diversity Recruitment Event with HBCU CONNECT!
Posted By: Temeka Wilson on September 22, 2021 |
The pharmaceutical company, GlaxoSmithKline, also known as GSK, combined with HBCU CONNECT, had a diversity recruiting event that drew over 100 interested attendees. GSK has three global businesses that research, develop, and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines, and consumer healthcare products. Interestingly, GSK ventured with the biotechnology company, 23andMe, to get ahead of infectious diseases that are formed in the body. To sum it up – when you are interested in researching your family history, GSK is making it possible for you to see which diseases you and other family members may be susceptible to. That’s a game changer!
Speakers for this virtual event were from various departments at GSK:
• Deborah Rutherford – Vice President, US Pharmaceuticals, Respiratory Sales
• Anthony Jemerson – Regional Sales Director, HIV Prevention
• Anton Lewis – Field Vice President, USP Respiratory
• Kimberly Anderson – Regional Sales Director, Vaccines
• Stacey Harris – Vice President, US Marketing, Pain, Rx to OTX Switch
All of the panelists spoke very highly of working for GlaxoSmithKline, but it was the moments where they went off script that made a lasting impression on everyone listening. Deborah encouraged the professionals to imagine the impossible – because it can actually happen. Anthony and Anton encouraged the audience to seek opportunities and people that will help them grow, both personally and professionally. Kimberly assured newcomers to the job world that it’s okay to not know everything, but to be confident in where they provide value. Stacey rounded out the conversation by providing how GSK’s values and expectations – especially teamwork – resonated with her.
Here is a list of roles that GSK is actively looking to fill:
• Pharmaceutical Sales
• Digital Marketing
• Sales Strategy
• Strategic Pricing/Finance
Please check out the steps below on how to potentially become their newest team member:
• Head over to www.us.gsk.com/en-us/careers/ to apply for the available roles. Apply as soon as you can!
• Upload your resume to our website: www.hbcuconnect.com/gsk
• Make sure you are following GlaxoSmithKline on all social media channels for the latest updates
You can also view the event’s recording here: https://youtu.be/xS0y-AN9SGM
Stay tuned to HBCUConnect.com for other hiring opportunities like this!
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
|Accenture Hosts Successful Diversity Recruitment Event with HBCU CONNECT for Experienced Black & Latinx Professionals!|
Latest Career Content
Popular Career Content