Microsoft Azure Hardware Hosts Successful Diversity Recruiting Event with HBCU CONNECT!
Posted By: Temeka Wilson on January 20, 2022 |
Wednesday, January 19th, Microsoft’s Azure Hardware team and HBCU Connect partnered together to host a virtual hiring event. Azure is Microsoft’s cloud computing business with the goal being to provide cutting edge technology at the world’s fingertips. The Azure team is interdisciplinary, including categories such as networking, physical design, data science, and architecture among others – allowing employees to obtain a role that plays to their strength. There is truly something for everyone!
At the virtual event, attendees heard from leaders in the field, including:
• Eric Chung – Partner Group Engineering Manager
• Fanny Nina Paravecino – Senior Engineering Manager
• Rich Baca – Principal Hardware Engineering Manager
• Eric Kelly – Software Engineer II
• Luis Guillermo Bonilla Pereira – Hardware Design Verification Engineer II
Almost 200 attendees were able to learn about the culture of this particular subset of Microsoft.
It was said to be okay with being fluid in your career goals. The path to your end goal may not be in a straight line. Having an inclusive culture permeates throughout Microsoft, but the Azure team emphasized the culture set up makes you want to work to do things the right way, not just because of a check.
Good insight was also shared on how to potentially land an interview:
• Upload your resume to our website: https://hbcuconnect.com/microsoft/azure-ha...
• The Azure team is actively reviewing resumes now!
• Make sure to align your resume towards the role you are wanting to be hired for
• Study up on your craft to be prepared for your interview
• Don’t be afraid to ask questions in the interview – you are interviewing them just as much as they are interviewing you!
You can also view the event’s recording at the top of the page.
Keep your eyes glued to HBCUConnect.com for more hiring opportunities with Microsoft and other companies!
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
Latest Career Content
Popular Career Content