Microsoft Azure Data Team Hosts Successful Diversity Event with HBCU CONNECT!
Posted By: Temeka Wilson on April 29, 2022 |
Wednesday, April 27th, Microsoft’s Azure Data team and HBCU Connect partnered together to host a virtual hiring event. Azure is Microsoft’s cloud computing business with the goal being to provide cutting edge technology at the world’s fingertips. The Azure team is interdisciplinary, including categories such as networking, physical design, data science, and architecture among others – allowing employees to obtain a role that plays to their strength. There is truly something for everyone!
At the virtual event, attendees heard from leaders in the field, including:
• Brian Jackson – Principal Software Engineering Manager
• Aaron Malveaux – Program Manager II
• Mallory Williams – Software Engineer
• Xenia Hertzenberg – Senior Software Engineer
• Bruno Ramírez – Software Engineer II
• Emeka Nduaguba – Principal Software Engineer
Almost 200 attendees were able to learn about the Azure Data team. Overall, the people and culture of the team and Microsoft altogether is what the speakers all like about their careers, including the capability to build relationships and mentorships. To become a mainstay in this field, more than knowledge is needed, but a true passion to continuously learn new things is necessary.
A good tip for college students and young graduates: Don’t be discouraged by internships. Sometimes it’s the best way to get in the door!
Good insight was also shared on how to potentially land an interview:
• Upload your resume to our website: https://www.hbcuconnect.com/microsoft/azur...
• The Azure team is actively reviewing resumes now!
• Make sure to align your resume towards the role you are wanting to be hired for
• Study up on your craft to be prepared for your interview
• Don’t be afraid to ask questions in the interview – you are interviewing them just as much as they are interviewing you!
You can also view the event’s recording at the top of the page.
Keep your eyes glued to HBCUConnect.com for more hiring opportunities with Microsoft and other companies!
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
Latest Career Content
Popular Career Content