Nationwide Children’s Hospital has an Exciting Summer Nurse Extern program for Junior Nursing Majors!
Posted By: Sofía Montiel on October 19, 2023 |
Nationwide Children’s Hospital is offering an exciting and competitive summer program for baccalaureate nursing students. The 12-week Summer Nurse Extern Program provides students:
• Temporary employment as a patient care assistant
• An assigned RN preceptor
• Three 8-hour educational workshops
• Opportunity for future career development
• May 6 - August 9, 2024
4-hour evening orientation: May 6 through 10
• Workshops: May 29, June 18, July 23
• Graduation: August 7
*Attendance is required at all events
Required Selection Criteria
• Enrollment in nationally accredited (ACEN or CCNE) BSN program
• Junior standing with graduation in 2025
• 3.0 GPA or above (unofficial transcript required)
• At least two excellent references from recent clinical instructors
• Must be able to attend required orientation, all 3 required workshops, and graduation
• Applications will be accepted October 2, 2023 through December 1, 2023.
• Due to the volume of applications anticipated, we will be unable to contact applicants who are not extended an offer to interview.
Click Here to apply or visit NationwideChildrens.org/Careers and search Job ID: 2023-46583
If you enjoyed this article, Join HBCU CONNECT today for similar content and opportunities via email!
More From This Author
Latest Career Content
Popular Career Content