The JDP Scholarship Fund honors the life of Florida A&M University Alumnus Jayda Dionne Parker for her hard work, willingness to help others, and determination against tremendous odds.
Our mission is to provide students, who demonstrate Jayda's qualities, financial assistance for higher education.
The primary purpose of the Jayda Dionne Parker Scholarship Fund is to provide a deserving student financial assistance for college expenses. The scholarship is available to all students who meet the following requirements regardless of age, race, sex, or sexual orientation.
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must submit:
- A completed application form;
- Documentation of acceptance or enrollment in an accredited college or university;
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, community leader, or another adult who is not a family member;
- An academic transcript or other proof of academic performance; and;
- A 500-word essay (750 words max) that describes how the applicant exemplifies Jayda Dionne Parker’s characteristics of hard work, caring and service to others, and determination to succeed. The essay must include:
• a statement of a major hurdle that was overcome
• a summary of how the applicant was changed by the experience
• an assertion of how overcoming adversity influenced the applicant’s plans for the future.
In preparing this essay, applicants are encouraged to learn about Jayda’s attributes on the scholarship's web site and to include in their essay a specific statement of how their attributes exemplify Jayda’s character.
To apply directly for this opportunity, go to the scholarship's web site.
Dollar Amount: $500
Deadline(s): May 31, 2021
Scholarship/Grant Sponsor: The JDP Scholarship Fund