The Thrivent Actuarial Diversity Scholarship is awarded to high-achieving undergraduate minority students pursuing an actuarial career. This $6,000 award (paid in two equal installments) is contingent upon completing an actuarial internship at Thrivent next summer. See below for additional details and how to apply. Applications must be submitted by February 14th, 2021
SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Applicants are required to meet the following:
• Must be a U.S. citizen; permanent resident; recipient of asylee or refugee status by the Department of Homeland Security – U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service; temporary resident under 1986 Amnesty Programs.
• Must be a minority student enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program in the United States.
• Pursuing an actuarial or mathematics-related degree, with the goal of pursuing an actuarial career.
• GPA of at least 3.5
• Participate in the 2022 summer actuarial internship program at Thrivent Financial.
To apply for the scholarship, students must:
1. Apply for Thrivent’s 2022 summer actuarial internship program. Application can be found at:
• Thrivent.com/careers and search “Actuarial Internship”
• Or, by using this link
2. Upload the following documents when completing the online internship application:
• Resume, including actuarial exams completed and scheduled
• Personal statement: describe who you are and how you have served others
• Most recent grade transcript
2022 Summer Actuarial Internship Program
• The summer internship will run for 12 weeks from June – August 2022.
• Thrivent’s Actuarial Internship Program offers meaningful actuarial projects, a mentorship program, numerous networking opportunities with actuaries and executives, competitive hourly rate of pay, stipend for housing, and fun volunteer and social events throughout the summer.
• Participating in the 2022 summer actuarial internship program does not guarantee an offer of employment upon graduation.
• Application deadline: February14th, 2022
• This award cycle covers the 2022-2023 school year.
Payments of $3,000 (gross) will be made at the beginning of each of two semesters (August and January) following the internship. For students graduating in December, the full amount will be paid in August. Funds will be paid directly to the scholarship recipient for the sole use of expenses related to tuition, fees, and books.