The primary purpose of the Jayda Dionne Parker Scholarship Fund is to provide a deserving student financial assistance for college expenses. The scholarship is available to all students who meet the following requirements regardless of age, race, sex, or sexual orientation.
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must submit:
- A completed application form;
- Documentation of acceptance or enrollment in FAMU’s School of Journalism and Graphic Communication;
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, community leader, or another adult who is not a family member;
- An academic transcript -or- other proof of academic performance; and;
- A 500-word essay (750 words max)
For more information about applying and the subject matter of the essay, go to the scholarship's web site