Home > Forums > Interest Groups > HBCU Specific Topics & Concerns > Howard
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
Reaction thread: Are HU guys really scum? Posted on 07-18-2004

kickinit04
Washington, DC
OK, so I posted an innocent lik' topic about things girls look for in a guy, and apparently it boils down to "not HU guys". Now I've gone there myself for 2 years and some change, and yes, I know there are several guys there that don't do women right, but do ya'll really think it's a prevalent trend? What do you think separates HU guys from guys from other institutions or no college at all? Because looking at it from an objective point of view, I've observed that while yes, there are guys that are dogs at HU, they're the ones that seem to be pulling in the majority of the girls, while other people that probably fulfill every thing on a womans 'must-have' list have never even had a proper DATE (and I'm saying this from having friends to prove it, its terrible). I would think that before a girl would go so far as to categorize thousands of guys into one label that they would consider thinking outside the box and talking to someone that they may not have thought about before... I mean, it can't be more effort than going off campus to look for a guy, eh? But than again, thats just my opinion, and nah I'm not bitter from personal experience. Just trying to pique your brains to see if ya'll have a reason for thinking the way you do, and trying to salvage somewhat of a reputation for the fellas in the eyes of all the incoming freshman girls. :x
  [Reply]
Page 1 of 2 12  >  Last
BisonMami replied on 07-18-2004 11:59AM [Reply]
kickinit04 wrote:
OK, so I posted an innocent lik' topic about things girls look for in a guy, and apparently it boils down to "not HU guys". Now I've gone there myself for 2 years and some change, and yes, I know there are several guys there that don't do women right, but do ya'll really think it's a prevalent trend? What do you think separates HU guys from guys from other institutions or no college at all? Because looking at it from an objective point of view, I've observed that while yes, there are guys that are dogs at HU, they're the ones that seem to be pulling in the majority of the girls, while other people that probably fulfill every thing on a womans 'must-have' list have never even had a proper DATE (and I'm saying this from having friends to prove it, its terrible). I would think that before a girl would go so far as to categorize thousands of guys into one label that they would consider thinking outside the box and talking to someone that they may not have thought about before... I mean, it can't be more effort than going off campus to look for a guy, eh? But than again, thats just my opinion, and nah I'm not bitter from personal experience. Just trying to pique your brains to see if ya'll have a reason for thinking the way you do, and trying to salvage somewhat of a reputation for the fellas in the eyes of all the incoming freshman girls. :x
That might not be possible. We are already on alert
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 07-18-2004 01:26PM [Reply]
HU_Precious_Lady wrote:
kickinit04 wrote:
OK, so I posted an innocent lik' topic about things girls look for in a guy, and apparently it boils down to "not HU guys". Now I've gone there myself for 2 years and some change, and yes, I know there are several guys there that don't do women right, but do ya'll really think it's a prevalent trend? What do you think separates HU guys from guys from other institutions or no college at all? Because looking at it from an objective point of view, I've observed that while yes, there are guys that are dogs at HU, they're the ones that seem to be pulling in the majority of the girls, while other people that probably fulfill every thing on a womans 'must-have' list have never even had a proper DATE (and I'm saying this from having friends to prove it, its terrible). I would think that before a girl would go so far as to categorize thousands of guys into one label that they would consider thinking outside the box and talking to someone that they may not have thought about before... I mean, it can't be more effort than going off campus to look for a guy, eh? But than again, thats just my opinion, and nah I'm not bitter from personal experience. Just trying to pique your brains to see if ya'll have a reason for thinking the way you do, and trying to salvage somewhat of a reputation for the fellas in the eyes of all the incoming freshman girls. :x
That might not be possible. We are already on alert
kinda cold, but oh so true.........
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 07-18-2004 01:39PM [Reply]
can't save no one that dont wanna be saved. only reputation i gotta be concerned about is my own...
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
kickinit04 from Washington, DC replied on 07-18-2004 02:31PM [Reply]

i guess you're right, i was just trying to see where the hostility comes from, because none of the guys i associate with treat girls like that at all, and i know quite a few guys... but ah well, i never had a problem with brothas paying for doing girls wrong, all i ever wanted was for us sincere ones to be given a fair chance.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
HU_Intellect replied on 07-18-2004 04:47PM [Reply]
fatman wrote:
can't save no one that dont wanna be saved. only reputation i gotta be concerned about is my own...
Cosign kinda :? But I don't want to go into the game already down by 10 Geeessh!!!!!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
m.Dot from Washington, DC replied on 07-18-2004 05:16PM [Reply]

Being one of the guys that stays off "in the cut," so to speak, and watching the spiral of hatred for HU guys...just look at the circumstances in which you meet these guys. I'm not going to make any generalizations, but a lot of the trouble with women finding a good man is that birds of a feather tend to flock together. Meaning, if you find one bad man, toss him back, but look for another man within the same range of circumstances, chances are...you're gonna get messed over again...because like the guys have been saying...we're not all bad...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Afro-American replied on 07-18-2004 05:21PM [Reply]
m.Dot wrote:
Being one of the guys that stays off "in the cut," so to speak, and watching the spiral of hatred for HU guys...just look at the circumstances in which you meet these guys. I'm not going to make any generalizations, but a lot of the trouble with women finding a good man is that birds of a feather tend to flock together. Meaning, if you find one bad man, toss him back, but look for another man within the same range of circumstances, chances are...you're gonna get messed over again...because like the guys have been saying...we're not all bad...
yall aint all bad but the truly 'GOOD ONES"...(and im not talking bout the ones who "try to act good which there are plenty of at HU)...are few and far between....so why not increase my chances by going somewhere else instead of playing a long game of hide and seek trying to find a good one??
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Afro-American replied on 07-18-2004 07:02PM [Reply]
dang i sound bitter disclaimer__in no way is leshoya bitter lol....heck finding a good enough HU guy would be a dream...and kndhearted dont you say nothing about HU soul mates HEIFA :lol:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 07-18-2004 08:30PM [Reply]
^^^^^^ .................all i can say is dayum................... I guess the main thing is, take each person you meet and feel them out on an individual basis, but be careful and don't wear ur heart on ur sleeve............
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 1 of 2 12  >  Last
Home > Forums > Interest Groups > HBCU Specific Topics & Concerns > Howard
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!