Home > Forums > Interest Groups > HBCU Specific Topics & Concerns > Howard
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
HOWARD FASHION Posted on 08-03-2004
SIMPLYDIVINE

Unlike the high school i just graduated from, staying on top of the fashion scene is very important @ Howard. i just went shopping for some back to school clothes, but im not even sure if i bought the right things ( i'm just worried about staying warm) ... am i stupid for worrying about this or is fashion a major priority for most people???
  [Reply]
Page 1 of 3 123  >  Last
Enigma2k8 replied on 08-03-2004 06:41PM [Reply]
SIMPLYDIVINE wrote:
Unlike the high school i just graduated from, staying on top of the fashion scene is very important @ Howard. i just went shopping for some back to school clothes, but im not even sure if i bought the right things ( i'm just worried about staying warm) ... am i stupid for worrying about this or is fashion a major priority for most people???
It was like that @ my high school, but I assume that I'll be too broke to stay on top of the fashion scene in college...I'll be coo as long as I look decent :o
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
BetiBAP replied on 08-03-2004 08:44PM [Reply]
SIMPLYDIVINE wrote:
Unlike the high school i just graduated from, staying on top of the fashion scene is very important @ Howard. i just went shopping for some back to school clothes, but im not even sure if i bought the right things ( i'm just worried about staying warm) ... am i stupid for worrying about this or is fashion a major priority for most people???
Im a freshman just like you, so dont quote me on anything. :lol: I do think that Howard students like to look good. But I think that for the most part they just dress the way that they feel comfortable dressing. Im sure there will be A LOT of students "clean as the state board of health" everyday, but then again who feels like dressing up every single day? Women's Wear Daily noted Howard as the Second most Fashion Foward school in the Country behind NYU. I know for a fact that NYU has a notorious fashion scene because the students aren't afraid to be themselves and be unique. So just dress in which ever way you feel comfortable and don't be afraid to add in a little razzle dazzle every once in awhile. Besides, it's fun to dress up, look good and get compliments, but don't forget the real reason for why you are at Howard.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
PrimeTime1919 replied on 08-03-2004 09:16PM [Reply]
I gotta $4000 bill plus Howard might start chargin' for oxygen used on-campus... I'm gon' be rockin' a beater and a loin cloth.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
HU_DoCÚ&GaBbAnA replied on 08-03-2004 09:28PM [Reply]
Bigd1611 wrote:
I gotta $4000 bill plus Howard might start chargin' for oxygen used on-campus... I'm gon' be rockin' a beater and a loin cloth.
:lol:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Afro-American replied on 08-03-2004 09:42PM [Reply]
lol to me you really shouldnt worry about it.....like to me Howard fashion is more about uniqueness and not about "oooo she has the latest gucci bag"...cause most students cant afford to do that anyways....ive seen Hu students, especially the fashion students, work wonders with some thrift shop wear....you just have to find your own individual style instead of buying what you think will look "in" on campus cause youll lose everytime....because the campus really doesnt have a set style, its all about expressing your individuality, whether its rocking jeans and a hoodie everyday or being a glam diva...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
cupcake8503 replied on 08-03-2004 10:11PM [Reply]
HU-Queen wrote:
lol to me you really shouldnt worry about it.....like to me Howard fashion is more about uniqueness and not about "oooo she has the latest gucci bag"...cause most students cant afford to do that anyways....ive seen Hu students, especially the fashion students, work wonders with some thrift shop wear....you just have to find your own individual style instead of buying what you think will look "in" on campus cause youll lose everytime....because the campus really doesnt have a set style, its all about expressing your individuality, whether its rocking jeans and a hoodie everyday or being a glam diva...
basically
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
ATLSweetThang replied on 08-03-2004 10:43PM [Reply]
Girl, after buying school stuff and dorm stuff, I'm just a lil bit outta money. Ima be wearin' towels and laundry bags to class.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
yosunnysky replied on 08-03-2004 11:41PM [Reply]
8) HEY! Well I am gonna be a freshman this year also. I will be majoring in fashion merchandising. I was always around the HU campus and yes fashion is a big thing at HU at least from wat i have seen. My sister attends HU and when i would go to visit her u would see a lot of the gals hooked up... and I met one of my professors when i came to visit the campus for myself and she said the the yard is like the runway... Of course there will be those days where u wake up and u are like FLIP IT I COULD give a good kitty... so dont sweat it... I kno i wont
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
BmoreBabigyrl replied on 08-03-2004 11:50PM [Reply]
^^^ Lookit.. itz my bestfriend.... AWWW... YAY ur on HBCU-CENTRAL!!
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 1 of 3 123  >  Last
Home > Forums > Interest Groups > HBCU Specific Topics & Concerns > Howard
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!