Home > Forums > Interest Groups > Educational Issues & Concerns
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
DUMB STUDENTS AT HBCUs Posted on 11-10-2004
Jugger

oh wow.....ONE EVENT is the turning point for all of us niggers
  [Reply]
Page 1 of 5 12345  >  Last
replied on 11-10-2004 03:15PM [Reply]
boy please...their have been countless instances. everytime u tune in to BET and support your race's cultural **** its an "INSTANCE"!!! dumb ****....
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
PrinceMannyX from columbus, OH replied on 11-10-2004 03:55PM [Reply]

Jugger wrote:
boy please...their have been countless instances. everytime u tune in to BET and support your race's cultural **** its an "INSTANCE"!!! dumb ****....
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Sarconik replied on 11-10-2004 06:26PM [Reply]
*SITS BACK AND WATCHES THE DRAMA UNFOLD* 8)
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
prettypoet8804 from Hayward, CA replied on 11-10-2004 07:34PM [Reply]

first off, i wish people of all races would stop pointing to BET every time they wanna point out what's wrong with the black race. if you wanted to define a race by a single tv station, all white people would be goths and blonde bubbly airheads. second, i wanna say that black artists that go platinum or above more often than not have a predominantly white fan base. so why are YOU supporting this music that degrades us? why are YOU keeping institutionalized racism alive? these generalizations sound silly, don't they? i'm not telling you that you have no grounds for what you're saying. what i'm saying is that if you really care about things affecting black people today, then you should not be chastizing us, because that doesn't get anything done. slaves didn't slap their masters on the backs of their hands and say "you know you're wrong for what you're doing to us". they fought and they struggled, and there are those of us who are doing just that now. if those students on HBCU campuses are what you would call "dumb", at least they're on the campus. there are SO many out there who can't and won't even say that. tell me what you're doing to raise solutions to the problems you're so concerned about, and then maybe people will want to hear what you have to say.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
TSUlady from Bloomington, IL replied on 11-10-2004 10:52PM [Reply]
Nahd wrote:
oh wow.....ONE EVENT is the turning point for all of us niggers
Cosigns, not only that, but how are you gonna generalize all of HBCU's by going to a couple of homecomings?? that's like me saying all PWI's are filled with ignorant, racist white people although I've only been to a couple of them.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 11-11-2004 02:51PM [Reply]
PrinceMannyX wrote:
Jugger wrote:
boy please...their have been countless instances. everytime u tune in to BET and support your race's cultural **** its an "INSTANCE"!!! dumb ****....
cosign!
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
SuperFly replied on 11-11-2004 05:23PM [Reply]
Well its not even a matter of whether he/she/it is white or black, racist or not. If you do your research based on the wrong set of data and therefore draw your conclusions from the wrong data and ensuing results, then you will be wrong. There are a number of black people that would say the same thing as was stated above if they have not properly based their opinions. I myself am nothing like the students that were described above and I know a number of students that are the opposite as well. However, I can only speak for NC A&T. Yes, even I turned down prestigious institutions and universities to attend this school. Does it mean that I have therefore lower myself to the stereotypical HBCU student? Nope. I don't change for anyone. But I'd like to know where the information came from before I can formally make an effective reply to the subject.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
SC_Shawty from Columbia, SC replied on 11-11-2004 10:34PM [Reply]

zania wrote:
PrinceMannyX wrote:
Jugger wrote:
boy please...their have been countless instances. everytime u tune in to BET and support your race's cultural **** its an "INSTANCE"!!! dumb ****....
cosign!
Cosigns again
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
In Rod We Trust replied on 11-16-2004 05:42PM [Reply]
okay okay, I'll be good..................
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 1 of 5 12345  >  Last
Home > Forums > Interest Groups > Educational Issues & Concerns
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!