Home > Forums > Interest Groups > For The Ladies
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
CATER 2 U Posted on 01-12-2005
Kinkee

I am sure some of you have heard this song by Destiny's Child. If you haven't basically the song about how she/they would take care of their man. So my question is...would do the same for your man? Or are your feelings not that deep or strong enuff to show how much you care about them?
  [Reply]
Page 1 of 4 1234  >  Last
atlprincess replied on 01-12-2005 05:01PM [Reply]
I definitely would have no problem catering to my man and keeping him happy. But I think there is a fine line between catering to a man and becoming submissive to a man. As long as you can tell the difference and don't become this woman who is submissive, then yea I'm all for it....I'm going to take care of my man, because if I'm not doing it, then there is a scheming female out there who is ready and willing to do my job. On the other hand, I feel it goes both ways. My man must also be willing to cater to me....
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
ClassyWisdom08 replied on 01-12-2005 05:08PM [Reply]
atlprincess wrote:
I definitely would have no problem catering to my man and keeping him happy. But I think there is a fine line between catering to a man and becoming submissive to a man. As long as you can tell the difference and don't become this woman who is submissive, then yea I'm all for it....I'm going to take care of my man, because if I'm not doing it, then there is a scheming female out there who is ready and willing to do my job. On the other hand, I feel it goes both ways. My man must also be willing to cater to me....
If you believe in more traditional roles.The man is suppose to take care of the woman and be the provider and cater to her needs.But for some reason it's always on the woman to cater to her man. Like atlprincess just said...It goes both ways.I'll cater to you if I know you'll do the same for me.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
cafe-aulait replied on 01-12-2005 05:13PM [Reply]
I (will/do) cater to my man on occasion, because (he will do/he does) the same for me.... To say that you won't ever cater to someone you supposedly LOVE is selfish and arrogant. I don't have a problem with that song because she says "...this is your day" meaning she probably doesn't do that ish on the regular...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
La replied on 01-12-2005 07:18PM [Reply]
I dont mind doing for my man, but the word " cater " it just sounds like Ima be on hand and feet for him all the time and that definitely wont be the case. The word cater just doesnt sit well with me. On another note, I personally think the song is pitiful...they go from being some " Survivors " and " Independent Women " to being caterers and wanting thugged out soldiers...Destiny's Child is a ****in trip. :roll: :arrow:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
cafe-aulait replied on 01-12-2005 09:38PM [Reply]
Lady_ J wrote:
I dont mind doing for my man, but the word " cater " it just sounds like Ima be on hand and feet for him all the time and that definitely wont be the case. The word cater just doesnt sit well with me. On another note, I personally think the song is pitiful...they go from being some " Survivors " and " Independent Women " to being caterers and wanting thugged out soldiers...Destiny's Child is a ****in trip. :roll: :arrow:
Now Im cool with "cater 2 u", but I DESPISE"soldier"
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Kinkee replied on 01-12-2005 09:56PM [Reply]
atlprincess wrote:
I definitely would have no problem catering to my man and keeping him happy. But I think there is a fine line between catering to a man and becoming submissive to a man. As long as you can tell the difference and don't become this woman who is submissive, then yea I'm all for it....I'm going to take care of my man, because if I'm not doing it, then there is a scheming female out there who is ready and willing to do my job. On the other hand, I feel it goes both ways. My man must also be willing to cater to me....
I cosign.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Kinkee replied on 01-12-2005 09:58PM [Reply]
Lady_ J wrote:
Destiny's Child is a ****in trip. :roll: :arrow:
You aren't the only one that thinks that. For some reason, I am feeling that song, "Cater 2 U". I guess cause I can understand where they coming from. But hey we all have our different opinions. Cause umm yeah some of those songs are a trip.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
cafe-aulait replied on 01-12-2005 10:03PM [Reply]
Kinkee wrote:
Lady_ J wrote:
Destiny's Child is a ****in trip. :roll: :arrow:
You aren't the only one that thinks that. For some reason, I am feeling that song, "Cater 2 U". I guess cause I can understand where they coming from. But hey we all have our different opinions. Cause umm yeah some of those songs are a trip.
I know in my relationship I don't mind catering to him every so often... Before I wouldnt do half the ish I do now, and I actually get a kick out of it. The only songs Ion like on that cd is "Bad Habit" and "Soldier" Everything else, Im lovin
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Kinkee replied on 01-12-2005 10:04PM [Reply]
cafe-aulait wrote:
Kinkee wrote:
Lady_ J wrote:
Destiny's Child is a ****in trip. :roll: :arrow:
You aren't the only one that thinks that. For some reason, I am feeling that song, "Cater 2 U". I guess cause I can understand where they coming from. But hey we all have our different opinions. Cause umm yeah some of those songs are a trip.
I know in my relationship I don't mind catering to him every so often... Before I wouldnt do half the ish I do now, and I actually get a kick out of it.
Girl I am with ya. On that one. (high five to cafe) :lol:
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 1 of 4 1234  >  Last
Home > Forums > Interest Groups > For The Ladies
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!