S.W.A.G. (Scholar With A Gift) is purposely the acronym of the scholarship because The First Suit Project (TFSP) believes one should look good and portray "swag" appeal while using their gifts in today's society. TFSP believes first impressions are everlasting and you must look the part to get the role. TFSP was started because people often talk harshly about how college students dress for interviews, conferences or prominent events, but they never do anything about it. So instead of talking about it, TFSP is doing something about it by educating our youth about visual personal branding.
Scholarship recipient will receive the following + a monetary award (please not the $500 award noted in the advertisement includes the cost of the suit and other business attire necessities):
• A personal shopping experience to pick out a Brand-New Business Suit. The personal shopping experience will include getting properly measured to provide the scholarship recipient with appropriately fitting business attire.
• Resume Development/Critiquing
• Interview Coaching
To apply for the SWAG Scholarship applicants must meet the following qualifications:
• If applicant is a HBCU undergraduate student they must have a GPA of 3.0 and above;
• If applicant is a HBCU graduate student they must have a GPA of 3.5 and above;
• If applicant is a high school senior that has committed to a HBCU they must have a GPA of 3.25
(Please submit an unofficial or official transcript with your application)
• Provide ONE personal or professional reference with your application.
• Write a 500 word essay that answers the following questions:
o Why is personal branding important to you?
o Why is it important to visually present yourself appropriately in the world?
o Why do you want to earn this scholarship?
Please submit your application by Sunday, April 17, 2020 to email@example.com. Please use ‘SWAG Scholarship’ as the subject line when you submit your scholarship.