Home > Forums > Interest Groups > HBCU Specific Topics & Concerns > Howard
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
The HU Party Scene Posted on 07-06-2004
JAS04

I was just wondering how the parties are at HU, for instance does the school host the parties, are they mostly formals or informals, what are the cost , and are they widely attended by students !!! Just an inquiring mind, awaiting my college experience.I would genuinely appreciate your responses. Thanks, JAS
  [Reply]
Page 1 of 3 123  >  Last
HowardUBison07 from Stone Mountain - E.A.S.T.S.I.D.E.H.O.E., GA replied on 07-07-2004 12:04AM [Reply]

JAS04 wrote:
I was just wondering how the parties are at HU, for instance does the school host the parties, are they mostly formals or informals, what are the cost , and are they widely attended by students !!! Just an inquiring mind, awaiting my college experience.I would genuinely appreciate your responses. Thanks, JAS
theres quite a few parties at hu. its atleast one a week just about. they arent expensive. they are all 5 dollars or less, and for girls, many things are free including clubs. clubs on the other hand can cost up to about 15 dollars on a regular night if you get there too late. i dont really like the clubs in dc because they are different from what im used to being that im from atlanta and all. but if you like to drink. house parties are good, they generally have free drinks with the admission charge, and if you get good like me, you can find out various ways to get into house parties and clubs for free. there is no dress code for house parties of course, and in clubs, for the most part its none either. but on flyer, it will tell you. sometimes its no timbs, sometimes no sneakers, sometimes no jerseys or doo rags. if it says casual, that means none of that stuff i just said. parties and clubs, whenever they come to hu to advertise tend to be mostly howard students. if you go to an upscale club like dream or vip, you may see something different though, including people of other races. and because all parties no matter where they are tend to be "howard parties," some people tend to strike out and attend parties at other schools in the dc/md area. personally i went to parties at american u, johns hopkins, umcp, george washington and georgetown, but didnt really enjoy most of them so i stuck to howard things. i went to a party or club on average 2, but as many as 4 times a week... so if you want any more info, hit me up...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
ManifestDSTiny33 replied on 07-07-2004 11:41AM [Reply]
JAS04 wrote:
I was just wondering how the parties are at HU, for instance does the school host the parties, no.. it is usually certain organizations that sponsor events at Blackburn or at a club are they mostly formals or informals, mostly informal.. the only formals are the Bison Ball, the COronation Ball, School of B Gala, and maybe 2 others what are the cost anywhere from $5-25... during Homecoming I know prices get HUGH.. people paid as much as $75 to get into Puff's events or other clubs.., and are they widely attended by students both students and locals.. you'll be able to notice the general difference(no offense) once you get to school!!! Just an inquiring mind, awaiting my college experience.I would genuinely appreciate your responses. Thanks, JAS
GOOD LUCK.. I know I partied a lot, so I set up a separate bank account for club/metro fare.. just a word of advice
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Afro-American replied on 07-07-2004 04:00PM [Reply]
HUsweetie wrote:
JAS04 wrote:
I was just wondering how the parties are at HU, for instance does the school host the parties, no.. it is usually certain organizations that sponsor events at Blackburn or at a club are they mostly formals or informals, mostly informal.. the only formals are the Bison Ball, the COronation Ball, School of B Gala, and maybe 2 others what are the cost anywhere from $5-25... during Homecoming I know prices get HUGH.. people paid as much as $75 to get into Puff's events or other clubs.., and are they widely attended by students both students and locals.. you'll be able to notice the general difference(no offense) once you get to school!!! Just an inquiring mind, awaiting my college experience.I would genuinely appreciate your responses. Thanks, JAS
GOOD LUCK.. I know I partied a lot, so I set up a separate bank account for club/metro fare.. just a word of advice
YEAH, everything she said lol, and i mean also there may be free shuttles in front of the quad to take ya to that party/club...also to add there is ALWAYS something popping friday-sunday, sometimes thursdays and some wednesdays...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Blutifully Human from Washington, DC replied on 07-08-2004 01:25AM [Reply]

Yep. Pretty much everything they said is right. Not too much i can add in, considering i only went to the club once my freshman year. What, don't look so shocked...yeah, it's true. Just not my thing. I mainly like chillin at lil kickin it get togethers in somebody's room or sumthin. But trust, if there is sumthin that it will never be too lil of at HU, it's parties. You'll have more than enough options every weekend (btw...thurs is the weekend in college...even if u have a friday class). Bump that, it don't even have to be the weekend and somebody will be doin sumthin.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
ManifestDSTiny33 replied on 07-08-2004 12:30PM [Reply]
kndhrtd1@theREALHU wrote:
Yep. Pretty much everything they said is right. Not too much i can add in, considering i only went to the club once my freshman year. What, don't look so shocked...yeah, it's true. Just not my thing. I mainly like chillin at lil kickin it get togethers in somebody's room or sumthin. But trust, if there is sumthin that it will never be too lil of at HU, it's parties. You'll have more than enough options every weekend (btw...thurs is the weekend in college...even if u have a friday class). Bump that, it don't even have to be the weekend and somebody will be doin sumthin.
Naw, but most of time, you'll find that your pockets just aren't deep enuff to club all the time.. so instead, find a friend or 2 to chill w/.. my choir always got together for no reason.. like I saw too much of them people...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Blutifully Human from Washington, DC replied on 07-08-2004 10:27PM [Reply]

HUsweetie wrote:
kndhrtd1@theREALHU wrote:
Yep. Pretty much everything they said is right. Not too much i can add in, considering i only went to the club once my freshman year. What, don't look so shocked...yeah, it's true. Just not my thing. I mainly like chillin at lil kickin it get togethers in somebody's room or sumthin. But trust, if there is sumthin that it will never be too lil of at HU, it's parties. You'll have more than enough options every weekend (btw...thurs is the weekend in college...even if u have a friday class). Bump that, it don't even have to be the weekend and somebody will be doin sumthin.
Naw, but most of time, you'll find that your pockets just aren't deep enuff to club all the time.. so instead, find a friend or 2 to chill w/.. my choir always got together for no reason.. like I saw too much of them people...
oh for real? Which choir r u in? RHC, HU Gospel choir, university choir, or chapel gospel choir? I'm in the chapel gospel choir. The new one with Richard Smallwood as the advisor. And I feel u on the money thing. Everybody doesn't have the hook up like home chick up top (me for example). Those dollars will start adding up on ya.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
BisonMami replied on 07-08-2004 11:19PM [Reply]
I have come to realize that I am not much of the clubbin type of girl. I seem to have more just hanging out with a few friends...nothing too big. Looks like I won't be too tempted to stray away from class.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
ManifestDSTiny33 replied on 07-09-2004 12:01AM [Reply]
RHC yup yup.. that spring "line" of 2004.. I am so mad that I had process for choir.. (I stopped coming to Richard Smallwood's choir b4 the 2nd semester :?) I guess I was lucky... when I did club (...), we went to the ILAB and studied in our clubwear right after that... my friends kept me grounded... so we did the social tip and we buckled down on the school work... Make sure you find friends tat can hold you accountable, because the quickest way to dropout is to have no one looking out for you and your well-being..
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Blutifully Human from Washington, DC replied on 07-09-2004 01:27AM [Reply]

HUsweetie wrote:
RHC yup yup.. that spring "line" of 2004.. I am so mad that I had process for choir.. (I stopped coming to Richard Smallwood's choir b4 the 2nd semester :?) I guess I was lucky... when I did club (...), we went to the ILAB and studied in our clubwear right after that... my friends kept me grounded... so we did the social tip and we buckled down on the school work... Make sure you find friends tat can hold you accountable, because the quickest way to dropout is to have no one looking out for you and your well-being..
oh, HOLLA! I got some homiez in RHC. Yep, that's a shame when even the choirs have a "process". And i feel u on havin homiez that keep u accountable. All of my friends always had my back. If i needed money (which was OFTEN), a hook up, a shoulder, a prayer, or sumone to play momma/daddy and force me to get down to bizness when i wanted to be lazy...they were right there. Dag, i miss my HU fam so much :cry: ! Surround yourself wit positive peeps yall. It makes all the difference.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 1 of 3 123  >  Last
Home > Forums > Interest Groups > HBCU Specific Topics & Concerns > Howard
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!