Home > Forums > Entertainment > Lyricist Lounge
Edit Settings  |  Search Forums
We, As a People... (This is for you.) Posted on 11-08-2004
Wisdom_Tree

Sands fell from the sky in a land of cries Blood ran streets, blood stained sheets, First born children died, and to God some did deny To let a Pharaoh so unruly rule their world, they wondered "Why?" Try as they could they would curse Fallen blames, they called him names Still they searched, wondered which was worse, What was their worth? What to quench the thirst? A burst would erupt, as if God saw the rush Then came the shush, Moses and the bush Still they were tough, shaken, stirred and rough, Upset, yet still in touch, screaming "God, When is Enough?" "When cuts will bleed, youll look to me And lean to mine, my will divine Become pristine in my love for thee And freedom will follow, not freedom lead."
  [Reply]
Page 1 of 2 12  >  Last
SC_Shawty from Columbia, SC replied on 11-09-2004 12:41AM [Reply]

Man that joint was deep...Its mad fire, Im feelin the poem, on some real stuff.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
In Rod We Trust replied on 11-09-2004 08:22AM [Reply]
damnit Tres, I wanna be able to write that well one day..................
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Wisdom_Tree replied on 11-11-2004 05:26PM [Reply]
jstblz99-2h2h wrote:
damnit Tres, I wanna be able to write that well one day..................
Everyone can do anything...just a matter of will Inspiration: So many people were asking why God would put us through 4 more years of this crap, so I decided to kind of remind people that the ruler may rule your lives but God rules your soul.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
In Rod We Trust replied on 11-11-2004 05:30PM [Reply]
BigDaddy Tres wrote:
jstblz99-2h2h wrote:
damnit Tres, I wanna be able to write that well one day..................
Everyone can do anything...just a matter of will Inspiration: So many people were asking why God would put us through 4 more years of this crap, so I decided to kind of remind people that the ruler may rule your lives but God rules your soul.
I suppose so, but u have a talent that I will never possess................. I feel like such a mediocre poet right now
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Wisdom_Tree replied on 11-11-2004 06:10PM [Reply]
jstblz99-2h2h wrote:
BigDaddy Tres wrote:
jstblz99-2h2h wrote:
damnit Tres, I wanna be able to write that well one day..................
Everyone can do anything...just a matter of will Inspiration: So many people were asking why God would put us through 4 more years of this crap, so I decided to kind of remind people that the ruler may rule your lives but God rules your soul.
I suppose so, but u have a talent that I will never possess................. I feel like such a mediocre poet right now
I dont think there are good or bad poets (there are ugly poets though...*shivers*) but some poems are just worded differently. People like what they like, and Ive been called garbage by many. If you do something enough youll start to really want to do something new and reinvent the meaning of it, whether it be an art or a craft. Dont down yourself though - you are your worst critic.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
In Rod We Trust replied on 11-11-2004 06:12PM [Reply]
isn't he sweet?
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
replied on 11-14-2004 11:06AM [Reply]
I was logging on to research some HBCU's for my daughter who is a senior, and I stumbled across: A diamond being shaped from the coal mines A soul find It was obvious his pen was filled with fresh wine Acknowledging who is truly our life line Soon the time will come when his sword will be all that matters He won't have time for idle chatter Because satan strongholds must be shattered His pen will cause God's enemies to scatter He will be used to infuse a whole generation Shining light in dark locations Shocking senses Leaping over fences Going into the trenches to do divine things My heart sings when it witnesses the light A time will come when it will be all or nothing World acceptance won't be his plight Hopefully I will hear He permanently found the sphere For there is a place reserved for his battle skills not controlled by Dollar bills...but instead...God's will
  [Edit] [Delete] [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Wisdom_Tree replied on 11-14-2004 01:17PM [Reply]
Docgroove wrote:
I was logging on to research some HBCU's for my daughter who is a senior, and I stumbled across: A diamond being shaped from the coal mines A soul find It was obvious his pen was filled with fresh wine Acknowledging who is truly our life line Soon the time will come when his sword will be all that matters He won't have time for idle chatter Because satan strongholds must be shattered His pen will cause God's enemies to scatter He will be used to infuse a whole generation Shining light in dark locations Shocking senses Leaping over fences Going into the trenches to do divine things My heart sings when it witnesses the light A time will come when it will be all or nothing World acceptance won't be his plight Hopefully I will hear He permanently found the sphere For there is a place reserved for his battle skills not controlled by Dollar bills...but instead...God's will
Wow, what a stumble. Good stuff.
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
P o e t i q R e i g n from Greensboro, NC replied on 11-14-2004 04:40PM [Reply]

BigDaddy Tres wrote:
jstblz99-2h2h wrote:
damnit Tres, I wanna be able to write that well one day..................
Everyone can do anything...just a matter of will Inspiration: So many people were asking why God would put us through 4 more years of this crap, so I decided to kind of remind people that the ruler may rule your lives but God rules your soul.
Amen on that...
  [Report Abuse] [Quote]
Reply To Topic
In order to post a response to this topic, please login below or click here to signup.
Email Address:
Password:
Page 1 of 2 12  >  Last
Home > Forums > Entertainment > Lyricist Lounge
Sponsored Content Create an Ad
Follow Us!
Link To Us!
Do you have a website? Link to HBCU Connect!